m/t Tire Question..

kraus

I have a set of m/t 275/50/r15 drag radials on stock gn wheels they rub alil one the frame (driver side)when backing out drive way.I am in need of new ones after 6,000 street miles(okay a few burnouts to).I am looking to put another set on but don't want to deal with them hitting frame again.So what in a m/t is same height but will not hit frame?I think i need like a 60 series instead of a 50...

Alum drums ???

Got steel or aluminum drums? The alum ones should bump the tires out. Goodluck Mike

Got steel or aluminum drums? The alum ones should bump the tires out. Goodluck Mike

Aluminum drums here.Thet hit when I back out of my drive way and turn to the left or right.I have spots on the fram where the side wall has hit and made it shiney.I have 3.42's and thought about running the 255 60 15 m/t but ther 27 tall.And I'm afraid it will kill gearing and all...

255/60 is 27" and 275/60 is 28". Don't worry about the small reduction in gearing.. you might even run a little quicker. :)

275/60/15 MT Streets. No rubbing.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 256
If you really want a 26" tire, 235/60/15 M/T DR's are 26" tall and will definitely not rub anything. They just look kind of small. I had these on my car when I bought it.

Height

I run the 255/60/15 M/T drag radials with NO issues on stock T wheels.

These tires (255/60/15 M/T) suppose to be 27.1 inches high, have you checked the height since they are on your T-Type rims? I'm thinking about getting some and wanted to know what the ACTUAL height is when they are mounted on a rim. I have T-Type rims too.
Some tire manf. say they are a certian height, but they are up to an inch off on their stated measurements... :)

Thanks,

Alan

:)