You can type here any text you want

MAF Opinions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chevellejoe

Im am lookin into replacing my original MAF sensor. As of now the problems that I have is when I first start the car the idle is up and down for about 5 minutes, until warm. Also while driving, if I release the gas pedal quick the rpms drop to almost stalling for a second, then it will pick back up.

I was thinking of installing a 3.5 ls1 MAF and Transistor 2. Now if I understand this correctly, with the transistor 2 I can adjust my air/fuel ratio and if I have a wide band o2 sensor I can set a desired Air/Fuel ratio.

Basically my main goal is to correct the issues I have and I would like to add more control to my tune.

What’s your opinions on this. I don’t need anything crazy just want to properly monitor and tune that car for street performance use.

Note: I have a ESP Front Mount IC for sale that i would consider trading for obove mentioned items or a Alky Kit.

Also I forgot to mention the idle surge only happens in closed loop, which the car goes in within a minute of starting.

Red Armstrong 93 octane. A new chip is on my list of items to get but holding out till i put alky on.

I will have to check my powerlogger recordings when i get home but off the top of my head MAF at idle i beleive is 7-8 and WOT 255, IAC 15-18, TPS 44.

While we would like to sell you a Translator and there is for sure benifits to having one. A chip change to something current technology will fix the problems you describe. It will not add all the tuning optons you speak about but it will fix the problem
Mike

I had the same issue with the Postons 8 Pos chip and stock MAF. I switched to a TT chip, LT1 Maf and Translater...prob solved. The difference was night and day.

What chip would you recommend? The car has TE44 with PTE SLIC, 55lb low impedance injectors, 210/215 roller cam, ported heads, 3000 stall lock up converter. Walbro 340 pump.

Also what is the defference for chip tuned for Alky. Boost and timing?

I am far from a pro at this TR stuff but from the hundreds of hours Ive spent on the board, the TT chip wins hand down. I am sure the pros will chime in and tell you the same. I think TT can burn you a chip for pretty much combo you have.

Basically it's a turbo tweak chip or extender extreme chip. I'm sure Mike or Eric will jump in to tell you the best one but it should be one of those two chips. I believe the extender chip is better for the gen 2 translator and you can get it now and have it reburned later when you get the alky kit and I think a reburn is only like $10.

Back