MAF Transaltor adjustment recommendations

87GNPEI

MAF was bad on my car so upgraded to LT1 MAF and translator, car will actually run and drive now but doesn't have the power it had before and has a hesitation when you first hit the throttle, The switches are On On On Off, first dial is set at 3 for LT1 Sensor no change, and second dial is set at 0 for WOT no change, do these translators come rich or lean out of the box perhaps? Mods are Champion iron heads, 50lb injectors, headers, down pipe, K and N filter, dual exhaust, and a Joe Lubrant chip

Translator only controls fuel with an extender chip I believe. Not sure but I think the Joe L chip is probably static wot fuel delivery. The wot setting will make the fuel come in faster or slower though so it can be used to probably fix that stumble. Stumbles are usually lean so try adding a couple clicks to it at first. Check your BLs at idle to set the base setting. If BLs are way above 128, then run it at the setting "3" 10% rich", if BLs at idle are below 128, then run it on "3" 10% lean". If within 10 of 128 either way, leave it alone. But this only works if it goes into closed loop idle and I don't know the Joe L chips treat that. If you get an extender chip, it'll take full advantage of the translator's tuning abilities.