You can type here any text you want

Mann oil filters?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ITSAV6

It's my Granny's car!
I watched a video where 11 oil filters were cut open and the Mann filter looked really good,was built almost exactly like the Baldwin. Think they are built in Germany. A lot of the big brands look like crap!

I searched "oil filters cut open" on you tube, he does 9 on one vid and 11 on the other. A lot of the "good" filters have fiber end caps:( The super cheap Hastings and Pronto filters looked better than fram and wix

Mann makes darn good filters,just make sure you get the right one for your application.There are some that will physically fit on domestic engines but are sized internally for a much smaller displacement and don't have the required filter area for larger volume applications.

Its pretty straight forward vs. cleaning a oil pump pick since you don't have the nooks and crannies like the pick and can clearly see the inside and outside of the filter. My method is a can of brake cleaner and dawn soap and hot water back flushing it in to white container until clean and then air compressing it dry. And then once clean I tap the filter into the clean white container and look for anything coming out of the media in case it was something I missed. Any particulates that are in the filter media come clean.

Worse case scenario.....Now if it was hugely impinged and the media went into bypass where all kinds of crud (the engine would have had something catastrophic happen and need to be pulled and freshened anyway) and crap got to the internal part from where the bypassed open then I would just replace the filter media part (which can be bought by it self). I have had this happen with a head gasket and block cracking from bottom up to cam bore. And just simply replaced the filter element.
Other than that I just clean it inspect and rock on.
IMO the ability to see the filter media at every change is priceless and worth every penny. Only thing I have had to do is replace the sealing quad ring after 3-4 oil changes and they are just a few bucks for a handful.

Heres a example of the cleaning.

Last edited:
I like it. Were is the best place to buy one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it. Were is the best place to buy one?........

Here is a link: http://arizonagn.com/?page_id=50

These filters can be supplied without a bypass so no contaminated oil will ever reach the turbo, or be circulated into the engine.

Some customer's also purchase a spare filter for a "quick" oil change!

If there is a build-up of small debris over the years, K&P will sonic clean your filter at no charge.

Here is a link: http://arizonagn.com/?page_id=50

These filters can be supplied without a bypass so no contaminated oil will ever reach the turbo, or be circulated into the engine.

Some customer's also purchase a spare filter for a "quick" oil change!

If there is a build-up of small debris over the years, K&P will sonic clean your filter at no charge.

What a coincidence, That's where I bought mine.

Thanks again for the filter Nick, I'm very happy with it and only wish that I'd got it anodized in black.

I see the remote filter but can we run just the screw on type without oil cooler.

You can run it either way. if you want to run without the cooler you just remove the sandwich adapter.

Back