You can type here any text you want

Many suspension upgrades coming.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rafs-T-Type

Not so Senior Member
I plan to drive my car through a 4 leaf clover before I do any upgrades and to record after each upgrade. Currently my handling sucks....stock control arms, crappy springs, ok shocks. I plan to do poly body bushings, h and r upper and lower control arms w/ the sway bar(all in rear), new springs, QA1 shocks and a valance bar. If you would like to know/and see the difference in any one of these let me know and I will start there. Otherwise I will just record the increased handling after each step, starting with where I feel like it.

I thought my old spring weren't stock from the way they looked. They were eibach all around and not in bad shape. Put the moog 5658's in the front, and the 5413's in back. i have to double check the measurements, but it seems like I went up about 3/4 in the front and down 3/4 in the rear. The springs that came out seemed pretty solid, as did the monroe shocks. I noticed before the swap that I was basically sitting on the snubbers in the front, which is no longer a problem, but the overall stance kinda sucks as the front seems to sit too high compared to the rear. She seems to handle better though so screw it. I learned the hard way it's a PITA to adjust the front QA1's when installed, and it's also hard to feel the clicks. I went 4 from the lowest on the fronts and she seems a little too loose still, and 5 and 7 in the rear, which feels nice. I'm a little worried about the rear dropping though as I already had rubbing issues, but hopefully body bushings, and new upper/lower/sway bar will take care of that. Only time will tell ;) Videos and more updates to follow.

hello; Besides the suspension work your doing make sure your body bushing are there and in good shape. Mine where done and its made the car feel more solid but my car is not rust free and it was a job to do a couple of them.
Another black and grey car if that's your car by your site name?
IBBY

hello; Besides the suspension work your doing make sure your body bushing are there and in good shape. Mine where done and its made the car feel more solid but my car is not rust free and it was a job to do a couple of them.
Another black and grey car if that's your car by your site name?
IBBY

You must have skipped over the part about body bushings on the list....they are probably next. I don't know what you mean when you asked "Another black and grey car if that's your car by your site name?" I have no site though and my black and grey has been mine for about 5 years. Piittsburg, my sway bar is already in my garage. i have h and r swar bar, upper and lower rears. After those mods I have a valance bar for the front. Front uppers and lowers are going to have to wait for now. The front feels way better now though with the moogs over the eibachs.

hello; I missed that part on the body bushings sorry but I'd ck them out first and see where you stand. And that little pic. next to your name is the black and grey car I was seeing as your car. I guess you call that your signature?
Whatever. Do your mods and tell the group about whats going on. I've been there.
have fun
IBBY

Back