Marauder

JimP

Since I'm a sucker for punishment I just bought myself another thing to have to work on. As if the Buick didn't keep me busy enough I bought pro-charged 2003 Mercury Marauder. It was too much car to pass up.

The paint, body, exterior are mint it has 86,000 kilometers on it about 55,000 miles. Supporting mods are snow performance water/meth injection 3,000 stall lock up converter, 4.10 gears with Moser 31 spline axles, t/a performance girdle. Metco upper and lower control arms, watts link. Carbon fiber drive shaft, ebc brakes, new pirelli scorpion tires, the list goes on and on. It's been down the 1320 4 times and went 12.5x at 110.xx mph.

The previous owner is 67 years old, he's had his share of hot rods and the car was done right. I really didn't need it but figured it should retain most if not all of its value.

I pick it up in a few hours. The wife didn't bat an eye and her response was, hey you like big cars. I tried and tried to pick it apart but couldn't for the price. Any other MM owners here?

I always thought they were cool along with the SS Impalas.
Congrats on the purchase.

Pretty cool cars, I remember seeing a couple driving around back then but I haven't seen one in ages.

I grabbed a couple of pics of the interior. I'm really thinking about taking out the gauges and installing in the GN. It's not a long term purchase just couldn't pass it up. There is a bit of a misfire under boost so I stayed out of it but it made the 2 hour trip very comfortably despite a torrential down pour. Somehow one of the gauges mysteriously disappeared, I think they left it unlocked, I picked it up today and they were very apologetic.
20151101_165929.jpg

i have a sales brochure for them somewhere... they were actually comparing it to the Impala SS by name- a car that had been out of production for 7 years by the time these came out.. they only mentioned the areas where it was better than the Impala SS, and kind of glossed over the parts where it wasn't as good- which meant that they really only had a couple of good things to say about the car they were trying to sell.. i think it's only real superior point over a car that had been out of production for 3/4 of a decade was that it was slightly faster in the 1/4 mile..

that being said, i almost bought an '03 brand new for $17k in the spring of '04... it had been sitting in the showroom, untouched, for almost a year and they wanted it gone. salesman said that in that time, not a single person had asked for a test drive or showed any interest in it and no other dealers would take it off their hands in a dealer trade.