You can type here any text you want

Market Value - 14K Mile Turbo TA?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mike J

I am looking at a two owner 89 Turbo Trans Am with 14K miles being sold by a dealer.

The car looks almost new. There is no wear on the seats. The spoiler shows no signs of cracking at the base. The t-top seals appear in excellent shape.

The dealer wants 19k and I offered 16k. I think
17k will buy the car, but wanted to make sure I am not overpaying.

Lastly, how does the power of this car compare to an 87 GN and 87 GNX?

Thanks

I wouldn't go a penny over $16,500. I had a chance to buy one last year when the market wasn't so bad for $16,900 and it too had only 14K miles.

Nice car. Good luck.

Thanks very much for the advice.

Do you know how the driving experience compares with a GN or GNX?

Thanks,
Mike

When you say driving experience, that all depends. Persoanlly, I like the GN better ride wise (drives like a caddy, very comfortable), but if you are looking for all out performance and don't want to get into many mods, then you should go with the TTA. In the TTA you not only get a turbo 6, but you also get a great suspension and good brakes. It was like the complete package back in 89.

Ride quality is not the greatest on the TTA's (kind of stiff and rough), but you can't have everything. It really is a fun car to drive and compared to the 20,000 GN's they made in 87, I would say that its time will come at only1555 units ever being produced.

Good luck!

GNs are a little more "comfy". They are better suited for larger people as well, both tall and heavy. The TTA is sporty, and lower, so getting in and out with bad knees, back, etc is a little more of a chore. I love my TTA, it's unfortunate that I'm in need of selling it now though.

GL with the low milage TTA, sounds nice.

I wouldn't go a penny over $16,500. I had a chance to buy one last year when the market wasn't so bad for $16,900 and it too had only 14K miles.

Nice car. Good luck.

Plus one.

Funny, in 2004, I finally sold my 2,700 mile TTA that I had a hard time getting $17,500, and the car was showroom.
What the Real-Estate/Bankers did to this market!!!!!!!!!

The TTA is a rough riding car tho. Still one of my favorite 80's muscle car tho.

Back