You can type here any text you want

Mass Air Flow Sensor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dustin27987

I was wandering if i should use the 3" or 3.5" mass air flow sensor? Does it help out a lot more if I used the bigger MAF sensor or is it overkill for a stock setup.
Thanks, Dustin

DO a search like me ;) You'll find other cool guys like us, already talked about all this stuff, before we came along and decided we wanted to be turbo buick guys too.

The 3" will adapt very easy in place of the stocker. What is required to install the 3.5 in a fairly stock setup? (3 inch hard maf pipe and ram air setup)

Mark E.

Mike Licht said:
The 3.5" unit is a beter choice
Mike
the 3.5' MAF is a better choice,i had the translator plus,once that messed up,i replaced it with the stock 3.5' unit,work great ever since..

The 3" LT1 fits perfectly inside the factory airbox with only minor dremel or lathe work:

airfilter2.jpg

I went 11.53@118 through that airbox with a 100% stock longblock/TA49 on drag radials (the stock MAF is a hollow tube).

UNGN said:
The 3" LT1 fits perfectly inside the factory airbox with only minor dremel or lathe work:

I went 11.53@118 through that airbox with a 100% stock longblock/TA49 on drag radials (the stock MAF is a hollow tube).

Thanks for posting that. I'm going to use your idea on my turbo cars. I like to keep my cars looking "stock appearing". It keeps the "know-it-alls" guessing.

UNGN said:

airfilter2.jpg

Great idea, thanks for sharing!!!

????????????

Mark E. said:
The 3" will adapt very easy in place of the stocker. What is required to install the 3.5 in a fairly stock setup? (3 inch hard maf pipe and ram air setup)

Mark E.

I use the 3.5" MAF with a 4" ram air kit that has the 4" K+N on it.

I used the 4" to 3.5" transition hoses from Ramchargers when they sold them but you can get them from Fullthrottle now as well.

Other side of the MAF has the same adapter deal to 4" turbo inlet pipe.

They make transition adapters that go from 3.5" to 3" also.

In your case it would depend upon the size of the cold air piping on that side and the use of a 3.5" to 3" adapter to the hard MAF pipe for the turbo inlet.

All available at Fullthrottle in their online catalog.

Back