You can type here any text you want

Mass Air VS Speed Density

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
This all assumes that your initial tuning run is going to be at least close. What if it isn't? You can't know until after the run. I'd feel more comfortable seeing that the WB was at least trying to correct a miss tune issue with a heavy correction factor, rather than making the run with nothing to correct it until after the fact.

holy crap.......someone thinks its a ad idea for WBo2 to control fuel........there has to be a limit to the amount of control. i set my system to add 25% but can only take away 5% ..

No offense on the ebl stuff but it looks at if the platform is still using GM's code . it's prolly from a syty or the turbo grand prix correct? The problem with using that stuff isperformnace is not job one. clean air/emission and mileage is....

BTW is rousher apart of this.......i know the embeded lockers board started in the GM tbi Ecms as the ultimate tbi.....

You make an entirely incorrect assumption. I guess you assume that those of us in this thread that use WB correction just hook things up, go out and make a full boost full throttle blast and hope for the best.

Your reply stated "This all assumes that your initial tuning run is going to be at least close." Which is pretty much a mash & pray approach. Some folks do exactly this, I've been in the car when they do it.

> My tuning regimine is pretty close to what you describe.

That is good to know, I've been tuning for more then a few years myself...

RemoveBeforeFlight

No offense on the ebl stuff but it looks at if the platform is still using GM's code . it's prolly from a syty or the turbo grand prix correct? The problem with using that stuff isperformnace is not job one. clean air/emission and mileage is...

Not a single line of code from either of those ECMs/Masks is in the EBL SFI-6 ECM. Performance is job 1 for the EBL systems. Along with being able to pass emissions and provide the drive-ability that is expected from a GM ECM/code.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Great thread, just read through it all.Looks promising .anytime we get a new product for these old cars it is a good thing.I just didnt want a thread to go this far (6 PGS)about speed density and going maffless without mentioning Steve Yaklin and the Maxeffort set up.I have been running different mafflless versions of the Maxeffort since 2000.On the WB topic.I totally agree with Cal.At the Nats last year I had a tiny pin hole develop in the fuel reg vacuum line .I was logging FP and had the WB on.It was set at 11.0 the FP went to 36LBs in third gear and the WB maxed out right away just enough time for me to lift and saved it.I also have had some driver error on the settings that it also saved me .With that being said I ALWAYS turn the correction off during eliminations just because the car picks up and I figure it should be tuned by then . This Looks like a great product!!!
I have wanted to switch to XFI but I can tune this thing in 5 minutes ...also Eric and Steve have always been there for me

Back