You can type here any text you want

Mass Air VS Speed Density

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Just a quick question. The screen shots show the MAP only reading to 100kpa and boost only to 15. Are those two gauges customizable so as to work with a boosted application?

Dave, the boost gauge auto-scales. Can see it to 30 psi at this screen shot:

http://www.dynamicefi.com/EBL_SFI6_ScreenShots.php

Note the upper left shows that there is a 3-bar MAP installed. The MAP scale on the main display is 100 KPa maximum. The MAP gauge on the trip display auto scales between 100, 200 and 300 KPa. Dependent upon the installed MAP sensor.

The speedometer range is user defined, the RPM range and red line is user defined.

The regular screen shots page has a lot of older images of the WUD. There is more features then shown. We are constantly updating the WUD, which newer version are free. At this time we are working on a way to release it on our web site as a direct download & install. Otherwise can email us for a copy to be emailed back to you.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Required- What is tuner pro, and how do they work in conjunction?

Come with preset and adjustable maps? Popular racing maps.

Thanks Joe

sorry but all this stuff just to tune an 11 sec car ?? At this point why not just do a FAST system ??

At 1/4 the price there is a ton of advantage. The EBL SFI-6 ECM has a built in progressive fully tunable alcohol injection system. Just buy the hardware and leave the pump control up to the ECM. Want to run a wet N2O system? Built in.

Plus, hit the rev-limiter and not only are the injectors shut off, but the N2O and alcohol systems are also shut off.

There are a ton-load of other features that go beyond these other systems.

RemoveBeforeFlight

At 1/4 the price there is a ton of advantage. The EBL SFI-6 ECM has a built in progressive fully tunable alcohol injection system. Just buy the hardware and leave the pump control up to the ECM. Want to run a wet N2O system? Built in.

Plus, hit the rev-limiter and not only are the injectors shut off, but the N2O and alcohol systems are also shut off.

There are a ton-load of other features that go beyond these other systems.

RemoveBeforeFlight

not for me... We will stay with our tried and true system that works for us.. Scanmaster an no knock. To me if ya can't figure out how to tune with a simple Turbotweak chip or how to run an alky system ya shouldn't be playing with these cars.. keep it simple an stupid. 11 sec car needing all this stuff is absurd :confused: But some people like to just spend $$$$$$ .

not for me... We will stay with our tried and true system that works for us.. Scanmaster an no knock. To me if ya can't figure out how to tune with a simple Turbotweak chip or how to run an alky system ya shouldn't be playing with these cars.. keep it simple an stupid. 11 sec car needing all this stuff is absurd :confused: But some people like to just spend $$$$$$ .

Yup , Keep it simple.....Just like my setup:)

A racer I met at the Noble Shootout was really running hard about 6-7 years ago and I asked him how he tuned his car. He told me he was running a small shaft TE67 with 60# injectors and using a Commander chip set up for 42# injectors. Said he set the boost where he wanted it be and turned the fuel down until the car slowed down and then went back to previous setting. He has since moved on with his combination and his car is very fast.

I was advised to try the SD chip with the PL and I learned a lot about the car by tuning it. It was a challenge for a while but I kept plugging away at it and the car seems to be running pretty good on the street and the track. I like having the ability to review the run data before I make another run.

I like having the ability to review the run data before I make another run.

I understand that BUT I'd say 80% of the guys in here wouldn't have a clue. 99% of my old customers didn't care about knowing what I did to their cars as long as it went as fast as I told em. Didn't have all this kool guy stuff back in 86 :p

Well, still glad to see new products come out for these antique cars, I wish them the best. As for me, I'm really into the TT SD chip, I like being able to program it with the scan master and gas pedal.

Chuck

I would really like more user info and use on this ELB system.
User friendly?
Preset tunes?
Ease of use?
How does it compare?
Can i use my maf until I'm comfortable enough to switch?
What about egt and other like tuning points?
What about another type of viewing the info like wifi, a tablet or a built in screen like the xfi touch screen logger?

Thanks Joe

>User friendly?

Yes, user friendly. The EBL software is very intuitive.

> Preset tunes?

There is one tune provided. It is a 3.8l TB with 60#/hr injectors. Easy enough to build from there. Over time we expect to build on this and provide for other combinations.

> How does it compare?

To what? There is no real comparison as there isn't anything that offers what the EBL SFI-6 offers.

> Can i use my maf until I'm comfortable enough to switch?

Not at this time. We have MAF only code that works, it is just that we want to test it on real cars before we release it. Has to do with out philosophy, if we don't run it and test it, and see if t works, we sure aren't going to have you do that.

With this it may take a bit longer for features to become available, but OTOH, they will work when they do.

> What about egt and other like tuning points?

The EBL SFI-6 system can data log up to eight 0 to 5 volt analog devices. So no issue here.

> What about another type of viewing the info like wifi, a tablet or a built in screen like the xfi touch screen logger?

Well, at this price point, only so much can be expected. We have looked into tablets and such. And the cost to port the WUD to those is high. Oh, very high, as each has their own O/S. We would rather put effort into the ECM firmware, as that is what runs the engine/vehicle.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Ah yes, the XFI is simple... Guess that kinds of sum it up. From someone that has no experience with an EBL SFI-6 Flash system...

RemoveBeforeFlight

Norbs was just being sarcastic.. Don't take things so serious !! It's bad for your health :D

This SFI-6 looks promising. So this essentially is a replacement for the ECM in our cars? Are the connections the same?

hawkfan said:
This SFI-6 looks promising. So this essentially is a replacement for the ECM in our cars? Are the connections the same?

Promising in deed

Thanks Joe

Ah yes, the XFI is simple... Guess that kinds of sum it up. From someone that has no experience with an EBL SFI-6 Flash system...

RemoveBeforeFlight

I did not direct my comments to the EBF SFI system, sorry if you took it on the offensive. Its a very interesting system in my opinion. Grumpy knows how complicated my car is and I was just be sarcastic.

Yes to being a replacement ECM for the TB's. With a ton-load more capability.

The connections are not the same. The ECM harness connector pin out is different. You can add the third connector and re-pin the stock two connectors to three connectors and plug in the EBL SFI-6 ECM. A MAP sensor is also required (no MAF support at this time). Note that we carry the required third connector and if you go this way will supply the re-pin guide.

OTOH, we are going to make up a small batch of adapter harnesses. This will allow the user to plug the stock harness connectors into the adapter, then plug the adapter connectors into the SFI-6 ECM. It shouldn't be long before they are available.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Back