You can type here any text you want

Maverick's Stage II Motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

S2V6RACER

Banned
Maverick. The gear drive was not the cause of the engine failure. Your thrust bearing was gone because the crank was being pushed forward. It continued its journey forward untill the radius of the #1 main started eating it's way into the bearing and signs of over heating are more than obvious on the edge of that journal. This spun the #1 main and cut off oil to the rod which failed. You should have heard noise as the counter weight was grinding into the #1 main cap prior to failure. I would look into your convertor/trans fitment the second time around.

Ted

Bruce never told me the final disection reports, I was going off what his initial diagnosis was. I heard a noise about 30 sec before the "big bang", not a griding but an obvious "knock", My engine is still "at the machine shop", its been 4 mnth's now that a machine shop has had my engine, I didn't know it took so long to clean a block and put bearings in it???????Anyway I am obviously very dissappointed in the length of time this is taking, not to mention having already put enough $$ down to pay for machining and then some, I think Bruce needs to find a different machine shop, appearently the saying money talks doesn't apply to whoever has my engine. As far as re-assembly of the new engine I left it to Bruce and he will also put it in the car and fire it, I want to make sure this doesn't happen again. He mentioned putting a "torington" bearing in it, I told him I don't care what you do as long as this thing lives, I have WAY too much $$ in this to blow it up due to poor building. I told Bruce, if this blows up again...I'm going to shove that Buick off a cliff and buy a chevette. Talk to you later Ted.

BTW, since your watching this thread maverick, please answer your emails. thanks

Sorry for your frustration. I feel pretty bad for you after looking at the carnage down there. I just wanted to point out that I personally don't think it was the build, it is the transmission that caused the failure. Don't try to put logic to the time/money thing, there is no logic when time and $$ comes into play, especially the stage II race stuff.

Ted

Norbz

BTW Norb I checked my e-mail and sent you a reply asking for your addy a week or so ago....plz check yours, lol. Yes Ted you may be right, I'll get to the investigation after I see Bruce produces me an engine..... after waiting for over 4 month's and STILL waiting, I've put the thought of Buicks on the rear burner.... I guess one way to look at it is....I'm not spending money on it right now, hell, I haven't had to put any gas in it in over 4 months....look at all the cash I'm saving...:rolleyes:

Back