max HP range?

got rice?

i was wondering what a rough max HP range would be for an 87 gn engine block if set up right? im familar with 455 buicks needing special attention in certain areas,and im wondering if areas of the 231 need special attention also. it seems that all your average engine builders only know chevys and fords.any tips on block prep would be great.luckly if need be,cottons is fairly close by.

Id recommend buying cotton a 6-pack or lunch and have this conversation with him

Johnny

thats what id do

that sounds good and hes done work for me before,but he is always busy as hell. besides im just looking for tips and pointers for now. but he is the man to see if my local machinist cant get the job done.

A TR engine is toleranced to provide high oil flow to the mains and rod journals at low rpms. If a machinist grinds everything with small block chevy tolerances in mind, you may end up with a junked motor cause those engines were toleranced to provide high oil flow at high rpms. The TR engines have very large loads on the bearings at low rpm and need alot of oil at low rpms cause of the cylinder pressures involved at low rpm....boost/high torque, etc. Any good machinist has a book that provides all the proper tolerances for every given motor. You should never shoot for tolerances that are based on assumptions.

i see an RJC car running high nines with stock block,crank,rods. anyone else have any input or examples of their own cars?

got rice? said:
i see an RJC car running high nines with stock block,crank,rods. anyone else have any input or examples of their own cars?
Do a search on the TSM class. There are a few 9 second stock block cars. In this class, a stock 109 block is a must. I believe I have seen someone post a low 9 second run.

My car took low 11's unopened (see sig). Stock cam, heads, crank, pistons and everything else. It would have lived longer if I would have pushed it so hard with a lean condition. I burned a hole in a piston, the bottom end of the engine looked great upon disassemble.