Maxima got un maxxed

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
Coming up the merge ramp to get on the high way.
Through on the blinker and a guy in this maxima gets over and I ease on in.
So he eases up near me and has this loud exhaust and I hear him punched the crap out of it ...it down shifts and tachs up.
No way this turkey is passing me so I nail it and start easing away...further ...further ..gone car length after car length:D
:cool:
He gives up and I slow back down to a calmer speed:D ...and get off at the exit and of course since I just gave him the smack I am looking in the rear veiw to see if he follows ...and he does...cool maybe he wants some mo.

Guess he had his pride hurt cause I slowed to a crawl and he would not even get beside me...he actually stayed 2 full car lengths back(big space).

Oh well maybe he needs about 10 more stickers ...u know these guys in the states with the imports get about 20 horsepower per sticker:D :D ha ha ha.

I thought they were faster than that

What year Maxima did you kill? :D if they were the boxy type Maxima...your kill would be easily believed. the 95 and up Maximas were pretty fast for its character for being a family car. Reason I know this is my mom owns a 95 Maxima SE. And I tell you...I loved getting into trouble with my Mommy's car:p :D. Stock for stock: True...the GNs would smoke the shìt out of the Maxima from the line. From a roll...a GN would likely shoot out first...but the high end and top speed from the Maxima would easily pull up to a GN and make a pass. I havent raced a GN in my Mommy's car:p...the GNs in Hawaii would make minced meat out of Mommy's car. But I've once raced a BMW M3. like how I explained how a Maxima would race on with a GN...this was the same case. The M3 quickly pulled out in front....but I stayed with him...later...but sooner than I though, I began to pick up on the M3 and pegging the Speedometer @ 140mph and finally passing it. Under my intensions :D :p I swapped out my mom's ECU in favor for a Naturally Aspirated 300Z car. That bumped the engines characteristics...and removed the Speed governer. After 140mph..I could still feel the car picking up speed as I watched the Tachometer keep pulling. And the M3 way behind me. For a fact I do know my Mommy's car :D goes faster than the new preludes. their governed top speed is 153mph, though advertized. I've paced a friend who owns one and passed him soon after his car's claimed top speed. so from my Mom's stock 195hp...I think with my ECU upgrade...I mustve bumped it to about 200-210 and raised the speed governer. note, that was the only upgrade I did to my mom's car. No exhaust or intake system upgrade was done. I didnt want my mom knowing that she was driving a total sleeper under the influence of me :D

BOTTOM LINE!!!!!!!! NICE KILL!!!!!!!!!!

Nice kill dude. but be careful, that guy may get some more stickers and come looking for you.

I'll agree that the Maxima's are fast. I raced one in my old car(Dodge Stratus 2.5 V6 AutoStick with modded air intake). You can see why I got a Grand National. Anyway, it was sitting at a light and i was behind it. Light turned green and it shot off(coz i'd been tailgaiting a little). I floored it an jumped in front of the car in the other lane an got beside the Maxima. By the time I got ahead of it we were doing 80. Then i look over an its some 50-year-old lady w/ a lead foot. Nevertheless, i punched the gas and sped off, semi-happy that i beat it, but pissed that my Stratus didnt blow her away. It was one of the newer looking Maximas so it probably had a bigger 6 than my 2.5. So my conclusion is that those cars are fast or the lady was wearing some heavy shoes.

Go Buick!!

Maxima's are 15 sec car's at best. I got mine down to a 15.3 @89
No race even for a sick GN ;) Although I miss that car alot, more than my SHO:eek:

oh my god, what the hell are you two talking about? maximas? fast? um.. right. 14 second cars are not fast..

maybe your definition of 'fast' is different than mine.. to me, a FAST car runs atleast 12s.

my car is not fast.

Originally posted by TType84
oh my god, what the hell are you two talking about? maximas? fast? um.. right. 14 second cars are not fast..

maybe your definition of 'fast' is different than mine.. to me, a FAST car runs atleast 12s.

my car is not fast.

MINE IS!!!!!!

WANNA RACE!!

alright david, my race trim to your street trim. bring it on.

:-D once my new coil and module get here.. youre goin down ;)

Originally posted by TType84
stock downpipe.. since when?

Sounds like a Challenge??
MY DP is Stock! But it does have a dump! But I'll keep it capped.

My street trim to your race trim Hm....... Anytime!!!!
You name the place.

P.S. I did run street trim once at the track and ran 13.30 @ 104mph on 15lbs of boost!!!!!:eek:

Maxima LOL!!! My Chevy Malibu with it's lttle 3.1 liter V6 would destroy that thing:D

I'd like to know how the new Altimas will do. Its a detuned Maxima engine at 240hp vs its Maximas output of 250hp. give or take a few hp on each.

Though think about it...the maxima was concieved to be a family car, thats why my mom bought one, under the influence from my dad and myself :D. A 4Door Sedan, harnessing about 2/3rds of the horsepower the TR's make (stock for stock) and capable of hitting 15s, and 14s with a few mods...in relation to our cars. the Maxima doesnt seem that bad, well..in my mom's 95 SE's perspective that is. the newer maximas got heaver though boasted more horsepower along the way and they got uglier as well.

The only way a Maxima is going to pull a GN top end is if the GN hits the stock speed limiter at 124mph. Without the governor there is no point at which a Maxima is going to catch a GN. Is your GN running right?

Originally posted by cool 84
The only way a Maxima is going to pull a GN top end is if the GN hits the stock speed limiter at 124mph. Without the governor there is no point at which a Maxima is going to catch a GN. Is your GN running right?

I've had my 145 speedo pegged!!:)

Hey Brick

I also have a Malibu 3.1 V-6. I kill ricers( not all of them ) all of the time with it. I like to see their faces when a sedan pulls away from them. It does handle well.

It is basically a slow piggy car after second gear, but it is still fun to drive.

Handles a hell of a lot better now , since my new 17" Konigs / Nittos..

In fact it handled well enough for me to take out a Maxima or two..

It was no later than 2 yrs old...u could hear the modded air intake and definetly the exh..yeah the big 4" exh...
If he would have had a 75 or 100 shot of NOS, I probably would have got smoked...and I would have been surprised, but he did not and he felt the rath:) :D :D :D :D :D :D :cool:

Originally posted by cool 84

thank you man... i dont know what these other guys are THINKING... a maxima? YEA RIGHT...

Maximas are very nice family cars but stock I wouldn't call them fast or even quick. The only way a stock maxima would beat a bmw is if it was a 318auto with an M3 badge.

For the DFW people, my friend has a pretty fast maxima. It's a 98 with a vortech S-trim. People don't know what's coming when he picks races on the street.
He only time out at the track, with less mods than now, was a street trim 13.2@11x with a mid 2 60' time.

From a roll it's a mid to low 12 second car.
Here's some videos of him taking out a lt4 vette, mr2, and some other cars.
http://www.christurner.net/supra/

Originally posted by 85 TRRRR
What year Maxima did you kill? :D if they were the boxy type Maxima...your kill would be easily believed. the 95 and up Maximas were pretty fast for its character for being a family car. Reason I know this is my mom owns a 95 Maxima SE. And I tell you...I loved getting into trouble with my Mommy's car:p :D. so from my Mom's stock 195hp...I think with my ECU upgrade...I mustve bumped it to about 200-210 and raised the speed governer.
BOTTOM LINE!!!!!!!! NICE KILL!!!!!!!!!!

Your mom's maxima stock is 190 HP. :)