May Return From Self-Exile

Kcze9159

Well, where to start..... Its been over a year since I was last here. A year filled with yet more hell and problems than even the three leading up to it. On the up note, I have essentially stopped drinking to the extremely excessive levels I had problems with before, and although still unemployed and looking for permanent housing arrangements, I am better off than the places I was at before. I am attempting to create an end to all that has happened since '98, and a part of that closure will come through here.

There are now 4 times the registered users than when I left, and as such I assume that 3/4 of you do not know even the public side of the story of what transpired here before I left. That is just as well, as my attitude with that and many other things is it is part of a sealed past I wish to leave behind. What I ask is that if I do decide to return, which I may do after some time and effecting what I explain below, that I go forward from now on somewhat of a level field. I do not remember everything that may or may not have happened. In fact I do not remember alot of things at this time, and yet I also remember other things I forced myself to forget about long ago. This is my goal:

If anyone has any issues in the past that they feel somehow unresolved with me, please email or private message me now. Not 3 weeks or 3 months from now, but now. I would like to attempt to right any wrongs or perceived wrongs that may have happened. I do however ask that this only be via e-mail or private message, as to not bring the board back into things. I will try to the best of my ability to go through things with you as quickly as I can, but I do now know what is awaiting out there nor do I know how long it will all take to resolve.

I now have a past that what I do remember of I am trying my best to reach closure with and move forward to build a better life out of the ruins such as they are. I want it to be disposed of as much as it ever can be (I know it wont disappear but it can become inactive), so it doesnt interfere with what I try to do from here forward.

I think that is the best I can state as of right now, as some of these things coupled with still recent events have left me still somewhat off-balance, but i would only ask for a chance to make anything right with parties who feel wronged as best I can. If you do know know of this past, I ask you do not dredge it up as I am trying to rebuild anew and independant of what may have happened before, and I ask that you only judge from this day forward.

That is as best as I feel I can go into things right now, and to my friends from the past here on the board I hope to re-kindle past friendships as the new person I will be trying to become. To enemies from the past, I hope to find ways to bury the hatchet so to speak, and I hope at the very least you will attempt to allow a reasonable compromise to make that become reality. The first step will be for you to please get in touch with me.

I also ask another very big favor from Bruce and the other moderators of the forum: please help me keep the resolution side of things off board if you could, if it comes down to it? I want to see anything left from the past disposed from, and I do not think dealing with it publically would be the best way.

I am hoping i might be able to at least clear anything remaing up, and after this is done I may consider ending my self-imposed absence from the board, to return in a lesser capacity once again. Thank you.

Ken Czermak
Former Moderator

Ken, I don't know most of the circumstances from which you speak, but I know what it's like to not be given a second chance in life, one that was very much wanted and deserved. I sincerely hope you get that here. Best of luck.

I know nothing of what you speak of, I do know it takes a big person to do what you've done (with the post above) I hope all involved will work it all out...

Originally posted by Kcze9159
On the up note, I have essentially stopped drinking to the extremely excessive levels I had problems with before, and although still unemployed and looking for permanent housing

Ken Czermak
Former Moderator

Sounds like you're working on #8 & #9 in the 12-Step Recovery Program.

Just remember, you have zero days of Sobriety until you actually stop drinking...not slow down...stop. No longer "drinking to the extremely excessive levels I had problems with before" is often due to economics more than resolve...and sounds as if the person still thinks they can cut-down/control their drinking...and a classical denial of their self-destructive addiction.

Time to re-check step #1, and remain there until there is a true foundation of sobriety. Then, all of the other successive steps can legitimately build on the first.

They all fail without genuine & sustained sobriety...one day at a time.

I certainly wish you well.

Ken,
I wish you the best in your recovery, but I have to agree with two lane. You have admitted the problem and that is a big step. It's sounds like you had some pretty serious problems due to drinking, and cutting back on the alky is not going to cut it. Either you quit or you continue on your path of self destruction. With an alcoholic there is no middle ground. I do wish you the best of luck and I hope you do everything you can to stop drinking.

Ken,
I wish you the best, I hope it all works out for you. Keep pushing in the right direction.
Welcome back
Mike Licht

How about making good on your promise to purchase?????

You never did answer my questions in the post I made a year ago that has now magically disapeared.

Joe

Right on Two Lane, I remember all too well reading the 12 Steps for the first time, 16 years ago. Couldn't wait to call my wife and tell her how sorry I was...... was I in for a surprise. It only works, if you work it...... in order. Thank God for Amazing Grace, how sweet it is!!
Send me an email Ken, if you are still around. I still live in Western Mass.

Jack and Mike, this is an old post brought back and not for positive reasons unfortunately. Please read the link I posted above.

Kenny has ripped a lot of poeple off. Blamed it on tough situations and promised to turn it around. Sadly, he hasn't. :(

So I see....... didn't see the other posts until I posted to this one. Still, if Ken is in Chicopee, maybe I can help, as he would be in my neighborhood.

Ken Czermak aka kcze9159

Unfortunatly, as a newbie to the board, I was unaware of Ken's situation. If this is all true, I feel for him and hope he gets his life turned around. However, I am a bit skeptical since he was advertising parts for a number of weeks in February on gnttype.org. Doesn't sound to me like a person focusing on getting his life together! After a long series of communications ( in which he never mentioned any problems and came across as a stand up Buick guy) I sent him a CC for various parts for my GN. Last communication was March 6 confirming my check was at post office for him to pick. Check picked up and processed March 7. To date, no parts, no money, no response! I'm out a substantial amount of $$$s.

Ken, if you see this msg, pls call or e-mail me asap to resolve. If anyone else can provide assistance, it's appreciated. I don't have a phone number for him. Regards, Mike D.

Yeah, guy came off as real honest to me too..........but after seeing the feedback from all the people he screwed on ebay, plus the people on the olds\442 website, plus the people here..........doubt he's gonna "come clean" and make restitution to anyone willingly.