Melissa's "secret" 9.94 @ 138.17 combo

Grumpy

Thread killer
ok lots were asking about this so here ya go .. If ya want to build it's TWIN call Russ Merritt and he can do his "thing" and build and tune you one :p

Engine
RJC girdle
ARP hardware
109 stock block
Diamond .020 pistons
stock crank cut 20/20
stock rods
SFI balancer and flexplate from Mike@Full Throttle
212/212 Comp roller cam
Champion STEEL ported heads
Cometic Headgaskets (NO they don't leak )
Champion ported stock intake
RJC power plate
stock plenum
stock TB bored to 62mm
stock crappy factory headers and crossover
3" down pipe to a dual 3" exhaust (we run threw the exhaust)
Dequick V4 stock location intercooler
67 DBB Precision Turbo
RJC boost valve
60# inj
Russ Merritt plug wires
stock ign and coil pack from G
single pump in tank / hot wire
ALKY DUAL NOZZLE set up from Julio
200R4
Russ Merrit trans with Bruce's billet "stuff" .. PTS 9/11 converter from Bruce @ PTS . Bruce sent it to me because I am such a nice guy . this converter ROCKS !!!! Worked awesome !! Thanks Bruce and Russ :cool:
stock rear end w c/clip eliminators (remember we are only running drag radials) Moser axles and a TA rear cover.
UMI stock replacement rear control arms
ATR rear sway bar
Koni rear shocks
reg old front tires
MT drag radials
A GREAT DRIVER
Russ Merritt & Me ....GREAT SLAVES

I think thats about it...oh wait .. a Boost and oil pressure guage.. Tack.. and of coarse a SCANMASTER .. Greatest thing Bob and Mike came out with years ago :eek:
oh ..goin to weigh the car today ..
87 GN , PW,PL,PS,PA,AC. weight savings .. replaced the steel bumper supports with alum ones from one of my "T"s .. Weld wheels. Oh have a cage in it to so that will add a little .. ok so here is all the secrets :p :biggrin:

I didn't see them secret iridium gallium helium plugs with the dual wires going to them.:confused:

Wow, Movin!!! Thats very impressive, and the fact that you willing to share it all, if this was a Honda of Mitsubishi board full of punk kids none of what made it work would have ever been mentioned!! Keep up on the good work!! You wanna make mine go fast?? Lol

Grumpy;1683989 Dequick V4 stock location intercooler 67 DBB Precision Turbo RJC boost valve 60# inj Russ Merritt plug wires :[/QUOTE said:
67dbb pte

oops...too late...

forgot the damm "OPITIMA" battery :p in case nobody hasn't seen the engine here it is along with a pic from Artie @ Atco last year on her 10.10 run :cool:

Attachments

• Meleng907.JPG
    Meleng907.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,539
  • Meliissa launch 1.jpg
    Meliissa launch 1.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,526
You're killin' me. I got the same turbo and even more supporting mods on my pile. Maybe someday I'll catch up! (My Vigilante converter aint gonna cut it though!)

Yunno, this post gives me some faith, I was hoping with some heavy tuning to squeek mine into the mid 10's, Goes to show that it doesent take a car full of every expensive part on the market to go fast, that setup is very basic and obviously very effective!! Thumbs up again, im blown away!!

lol

I can see it now. TB.com's server blowing up from all the pm's grumpy gets everyday. :eek:

What about the splitfire plugs with titanium tips I heard you were running? ;)

Great job grump,melissa, & Russ. I post this stuff on different forums and they always tell me I must be smoking something because that just is not possible. :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing Melissa's "secret" build up..... It's a simple, but definetly a very fast combination!!! Now that we have the parts, all that's left is to "fine tune it" (bigger secret)....lol.
I would like to know a couple of things though...what plugs do you run & what size MAF?

Thanks, The Darkside:cool:

Dang that is almost exactly my setup!!!! Differences are my crank is cut 10/10, stock throttle body, precision doghouse w/ powerplate, I only have a 210/210 biller hyd roller cam, stock irons which are bowl ported only, no alchy and I'm running a TE45a (67mm too).

10.921 @ 126.95 on only one pass since I have no cage. 3300# car no driver. I bet I coudl get 130mph out of these heads with more boost, but 138- that is moving!!!

Good job with tuning it to go 10+mph faster than my car:biggrin:

Thanks for sharing Melissa's "secret" build up..... It's a simple, but definetly a very fast combination!!! Now that we have the parts, all that's left is to "fine tune it" (bigger secret)....lol.
I would like to know a couple of things though...what plugs do you run & what size MAF?

Thanks, The Darkside:cool:

3 1/2" LS1 MAF from Full Throttle :cool: ok outta here .. goin to the drags to weigh this critter :p