You can type here any text you want

Mickey Thompson ET street's balancing???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttafan

Guys, can anyone tell me how many oz. typically it takes to balance out my new ET streets. I mounted them yesterday and they both took about 4.5 to 5.1 oz. of weight to get them balanced right. Is that normal?:confused: This is without tubes.

Yes, just this past Wed I had mine mounted up on my spare T wheels. And let's just say they did take a lot of weight to balance up. Tubes will help, but I don't think the tech that did mine really knew what he was doing. He used hammer on weights when it would have been so much easier to use stick on weights and duct tape to keep them in place. When I worked at Wynne Speed, I used to have to mount and balance slicks and ET Streets all the time. You have to align the dot to valve stem and try that first. If the weight is way off to one side, we would just deflate the tire, break the bead and spin the tire one way or the other just a tad. This typically helped balance it out better and almost always cut down the total weight needed. We would also air them up to 35psi when spin balancing. And yes, we would use stick on weights and cover them with duct tape on all bias ply tires. Worked like a champ.

Patrick

Thanks, that's what I was wondering. I took her for a spin today and she's smooth as silk so I'm not going to worry with trying to get them more balanced. I use stick-on's too buy the way. I had to break the bead a few times myself to find the sweet spot. At one point they were 6 oz. off. There as good now as there gonna' get. Thanks.

Back