Questions about my new Drag Radials

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
I got my new 275/50/15 Mickey Thompson et street ss mounted yesterday and for all I have read will not rub or have any issues . After mounting I went out to see how they hook and I'm really happy with that but I put it on a buddies rack later in the day and noticed them rubbing on the frame just a little . My ? is what will help , 1/2 inch spacers between the rim and brake drum ? If so will I need longer studs ? and how bout air bags ? will one just work on the passenger side or do I need both ? Thanks in advance for the help Keith
662-419-0626 if you wanna talk
And will replacing bushings help ? My rear end is all stock also

Its a little space , very little tho , will I have to get longer studs if I get a 3/8 spacer ? and I know that may be a dumb question

Were they rubbing on both sides ?? What is your clearance to the fender lip ? You don't want to push them out any more than needed to clear the frame , and studs are easy to change and not that expensive .

Were they rubbing on both sides ?? What is your clearance to the fender lip ? You don't want to push them out any more than needed to clear the frame , and studs are easy to change and not that expensive .
They are bout 1/2 inch or less from the frame , got plenty of room for spacer

They are bout 1/2 inch or less from the frame , got plenty of room for spacer
use the smaller spacer.not sure where you read the 275/50/15 wouldnt rub because they always do been there done that.next step longer wheel studs.

use the smaller spacer.not sure where you read the 275/50/15 wouldnt rub because they always do been there done that.next step longer wheel studs.

Saying they always do is just as bad as saying they never will. Personally mine rubbed with the stock arms and beat bushings, but didn't after getting the H&R setup.

Saying they always do is just as bad as saying they never will.
really?if he got the right info he could have got the right tire and not have to open up Pandora's box on the rear end,like spacers, bushings,hr bar,uppers,lowers,pinion angle etc.hopefully the spacer will work.

Kirban carries a 5/16 " spacer , and common knowledge tells me if I use those I need to knock out the old studs and replace them with 5/16 " longer wheel studs ? I have plenty room on the fender side . The reason I went with these tires is because they are the same height as my front . I'm trying my best to keep it as stochish as I can . I'm running BFG 215/65/15 up front . Thanks for the help guys

The reason I went with these tires is because they are the same height as my front .
I understand but the 255/60/15 fit directly on the stock rim and need no rear mods at all.also you really have to look to see that they are slightly taller (slightly under 27)and it is not noticeable at all while driving.i would try the smaller spacer since its the easiest to try,after that longer studs, larger spacers, pulling the axles and lots of other fun stuff.

I'm gonna go with the 5/16 spacer from Kirban and longer stud . You don't have to pull the axle to replace studs or do you ?

really?if he got the right info he could have got the right tire and not have to open up Pandora's box on the rear end,like spacers, bushings,hr bar,uppers,lowers,pinion angle etc.hopefully the spacer will work.

And if we never upgraded our turbo he wouldn't haven't opened pandora's box of injectors, chip, fuel pump, etc. But what's the fun of that? I was just saying what you said is factually incorrect. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your rant.

I was just saying what you said is factually incorrect. But hey, don't let facts
fact is the 275/50/15 rubs the frame on these cars when you turn the car other things need to be in place to make it work.not to mention the tire buldges off the stock rim.

50s on t rims rubbed on my frame. 255s were fine.