Mili #'s

DissT

Idle 19-46 O2 Milivolts

Use to run 700-810 Full throttle now it is around 100-400 everytime with no knock unless spinning tires etc. Car seems to run fine atm.

It sputtered at 1/8 throttle for a day or 2 consistently but never threw error codes and all other readings check out. Under full or more then 1/2 throttle it was just fine pulled great and no sputter although REALLY low 02 readings.

After a few weeks of operating the car on a fairly regular basis now it has developed a decent amount of blue smoke on idle, especially the longer it does idle. It seems once you get going or higher rpms it atleast slows down a bit till you hit a red light or drive thru. Entire engine was machined and professionally put together not too long ago.

Trying to save myself a 4 hour round trip to get it fixed.

Thanks in advance for any input.

I guess an update it reads 000 now when driving around unless under a serious load and then it show 7-30 at the most. Bad sensor, clogged sensor?

what kind of o2 sensor do u have. if its a heated unit i would try a stocker in its place to see if it clears up. for the blue smoke, maybe pull downpipe off and see if seals in turbo r leaking. hth

I bet your oil smells like gasoline.

It sounds like your O2 sensor is dead and the computer is probably dumping all the gas it can in your engine and still not seeing it since the O2 is not reading.

I say replace the O2 sensor and change your oil and spark plugs

Pulled the dipstick and the oil does have a hint of gas smell.

Is there a special tool to take off the sensor properly or is it like a 22 mm? I only go up to 19 and it was a bit small.

Basically now when the car is cold the sensor will read 400's but after warmup goes to 0 constantly, stop driving it until I get this figured out.

No idea what type of sensor I have but it does not appear to be a heated unit from what I saw on G-body.

Pulled all the plugs and they are looking good, probably 100 miles on them at the most.

Picked up a sensor socket 7/8 was a bit loose but did the job. Napa only had a Bosch but it did the trick and my 02's are back to normal and the car runs well again.

Still have blue smoke when the car idles for a bit and when you rev it up a nice puff comes out definetly oil. Gonna try and pull the DP off and check the seals. I pulled the hose off the up pipe into the plenum and there is a oil film in it and also around the front of the plenum oil covering it. It appears to be coming from a hose nipple with no hose on it if that makes sense. Some drips where coming from it anyway.

What am I supposed to look for when I pull the DP off? and when I do pull it any type of selant I need to put on it when it goes back on?

Thanks for help so far.

DP off and the impeller has no shaft play and everything appears to have a nice carbon covering with no oil to be found, redish/charcol to black appearence.

The pipe that he probably meant was the intercooler intake pipe, which is the pipe that goes from the turbo compression side into the intercooler, check for oil at this location. If there is oil at this area, the turbo oil seal probably went out or is going out. The reason it would smoke is because the oil will eventually make it's way to the throttle body/intake.
I would check your pcv line, pull it off at the throttle body and look for oil there. If you have vents on the valve covers, you really don't need the pcv. I am having the same smoke problem, since I put fresh heads on... and it's comming from the pcv line.

Chuck

The pipe that he probably meant was the intercooler intake pipe, which is the pipe that goes from the turbo compression side into the intercooler, check for oil at this location. If there is oil at this area, the turbo oil seal probably went out or is going out. The reason it would smoke is because the oil will eventually make it's way to the throttle body/intake.
I would check your pcv line, pull it off at the throttle body and look for oil there. If you have vents on the valve covers, you really don't need the pcv. I am having the same smoke problem, since I put fresh heads on... and it's comming from the pcv line.

Chuck

Alright I pulled the intake pipe off that goes into the throttle body and there is a small pool of oil/gas all the way in the back of it before the plenum. The PCV is free, well it moves around but I can blow air threw both sides of it and there is oil if you look at the top of the throttle body coming from the hole from that line.

No oil inside the pipe from the intercooler or up pipe.

I do have vents on the valve covers. Question is what do I do, just plug the hole that is under the plenum where the pcv valve comes from or just leave the line unhooked? but what about the oil that will still come from it?

yea, u can check the inlet pipe like u did but i have read on a few occasions of people having the oil seal leaking on the exhaust side which would burn oil aswell. never seen it as my experiences r pretty much limited to my car but have heard of it:)

New Pcvv

If you can blow air thru both sides of the PCVV it is bad and letting lots of boost to go into the crankcase.

Probably won't cure the problem, but get a new pcv anyway as it can only help general running.

I would change the pcv valve with a GM one. Napa ones leak under boost.

Sometimes if headwork has been done, the valve seals arent done correctly and the cars idle will produce alot of smoke since its under alot of vacuum.

I would leave the throttle body hooked to all the lines, just unbolt it from the upper plenum. Remove the upper plenum and look down at the intake runners till you see inside there and see alot of oil residue coming up past the valve and guide clearance.

Heads ever been off?

BW

Anyway of just plugging the hole if I do not need it? Or just go get a new one and hope it stops the oil problem?

lots of info about it on the board - try a search and decide for your self. I did away with mine but for regular use it seems like a one way valve in line with the PCV lines is the way to go.

Bad PCVV will not be good for keeping the oil in the engine

I would change the pcv valve with a GM one. Napa ones leak under boost.

Sometimes if headwork has been done, the valve seals arent done correctly and the cars idle will produce alot of smoke since its under alot of vacuum.

I would leave the throttle body hooked to all the lines, just unbolt it from the upper plenum. Remove the upper plenum and look down at the intake runners till you see inside there and see alot of oil residue coming up past the valve and guide clearance.

Heads ever been off?

BW

When the engine was rebuilt a few months ago but they are new champion irons and KDK did it.

I replaced the valve with a NAPA one and seems to have slowed it down some. I will take the upper plenum off later this weekend and take a look, can't hurt anyway.

lots of info about it on the board - try a search and decide for your self. I did away with mine but for regular use it seems like a one way valve in line with the PCV lines is the way to go.

Bad PCVV will not be good for keeping the oil in the engine

Yea I spent a night searching but I don't think I was putting in the right words to bring up the right threads. Would only get 5-7 threads a time and not very informative will try some different wording.