You can type here any text you want

Missing the gold emblem under the drivers side headlight, why ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cottonpicker14

I have a low mileage all original TTA that is missing the gold PONTIAC emblem under the drivers side headlight. I know most of the TTA's I have seen has this emblem BUT there is an all original 15,000 mile TTA on Ebay now that doesnt have it either.
Any idea why it is missing ?
Also, Classic Industries sells one, but they are repro and not GM authorized. No one else sells them except Classic Industries.
Any idea why its missing, the car has a clean carfax
Not sure if I should buy this one or leave it with no emblem

it fell off or some one took it?

all the gta cars had them too... so it shouldn't be too hard to find one.

I got my car with 67 miles on it. It now has 260 or so. while I was detailing it I noticed that the emblem that you are asking about was very close to falling off. My guess is that there was a problem with the adhesive. Your emblem most likely fell off. No need to think any less of your low mileage prize. :p

Some of the TTA's had a gold rear tail light bird emblem and not the white one so who know what was going on and what the quality control was back then .... It might have fallen off/been removed but it might also been missing from the factory for some reason

Only one I see carrying the emblems are the repro's from Classic Industry, the company in Austrailia is also about to have the avalible shortly (www.gtaemblems.com). Any NOS one's I have not seen for sale for ages.

I emailed GTAEmblems.com and asked when his will be ready. He said maybe in a few weeks. I guess I will wait and see if his are made, if not then I will buy one from classic industries

I had a GTA that I sold a couple of years ago with 19K mies on it. I was the second owner and picked the car up in 1992. It too was missing the gold "Pontaic" emblem onder the headlight. I asked the orginal owner about it and it was missing from day 1. The people working at the plant are not the most quality minded and most likely a few cars were missed in production. :eek:

- Dave

I guess that explains it, since my TTA is all original and never been in an accident.
I would still like to find one and install it. Classic Industries is backordered, GTA Emblems has not given me a definate answer as to when they may be produced. I tried several online 3rd gen websites and only one place had one but the guy said it was not the best.
I spoke to Rich at carmotorsports and they are thinking of trying to get them produced.
I will keep looking on Ebay and who knows, maybe I will find one.

Junkyards - this is one item from a GTA that the yard won't mind giving up for $10 tops (and not an item that would fly out of the yard) - LOTS of GTAs in junkyards.

I've never seen one....

Can somebody post a picture of a this emblem, showing the correct placement....We've just turned the code "On" inside the TTA Forum :)

lee

Headlamp emblem

.. the Gold GTA & TTA emblems ARE coming..but have been the slowest of all.. BUT YES they are already GM approved and licensed (be sure of that)...
We showed a sample to a few knowledgable people also last week in Greenville SC.. while at the POCI nats and they're happy... but to be honest.. we don't like bringing out overpriced junk and WILL NOT bring one out that must cost like $50 or something... Full production is expected to be cranked up soon and we will let you know the moment they come out.
Be aware too.. that the genuine GTA "PONTIAC" gold headlamp emblem is a different emblem to the standard silver TA & Firebird one.. different molding ok... but there is nothing to stop you probabably in the meantime getting a silver one and coloring the silver gold as a stop-gap measure etc.
(hope that helps)

OzPont
I would rather wait and buy ones as long as you say that you will be making them.
Please let me know when they are available, I hope within the next couple of months ?
thanks

Lee - here are two pix of my car showing it. I haven't had luck attaching photos on here so if it doesn't work, I'll email them to you.

Attachments

• LibertyTTA2.jpg
    LibertyTTA2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 35
  • TTA1.jpg
    TTA1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 38
joejakegrace said:
Lee - here are two pix of my car showing it. I haven't had luck attaching photos on here so if it doesn't work, I'll email them to you.

Thank you for the pictures, they work just fine....But, I don't see any emblem near the driver's side headlight....What am I missing? :confused:

Very nice looking car!

lee

I think he is talking about the gold "Pontiac" emblem under the light. The second pic is a good example.

Yep - it's just the block words PONTIAC on the right (as you face) the driver headlight (just under it). I'll take a closeup.

Thanks - these photos were of the car when I got it - had been sitting in a museum for 3 years. It was pretty scrungy actually and is better now. Problem is I can't get the size / resolution down on any of my photos to get them on here...

I see it! Both my TTAs have the name plate.

I was looking for an emblem, not a name plate :)

thanks

lee

Back