You can type here any text you want

Modify a PM brake pedal to work with vacuum booster?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Steve

My Powerdisaster started having problems last night so I am going to switch over to vacuum brakes. Is there a way to modify a PM brake pedal to work with the vacuum booster? I am looking around for the proper pedal but I have some time this afternoon and I would like to go ahead and get it done but I will wait for the proper pedal if need be. Thanks

A kit, which is a pin and template, is available from G-Body Parts.

Just drill a hole and weld in the pin in your existing pedal, it worked fine for me! :)

I used a 7/16 clevice 1 inch long, installed booster and marked location on pedal , removed pedal, drilled welded and re installed pedal. Works good and can re install PM if needed.

A kit, which is a pin and template, is available from G-Body Parts.

Just drill a hole and weld in the pin in your existing pedal, it worked fine for me! :)

Been doing this way for over 10 yrs
Works like a charm

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Buy Kirbans conversion and it has an offset clevis on booster that lines up with power master pedal

HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU HAVE POWER MASTER PEDEL
Does your car have a powermaster? Did it ever have one? If not and you didn't swap one in it probably doesn't.

A couple pix of mine when I had it out for the hydroboost swap.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Back