You can type here any text you want

modify drivers side stock motor mount to make solid

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I was going the bolt route but my concern was that as the rubber got old and worn it would shrink. And at the time I felt that if the rubber shrunk the bolt would be too long and hit the motor and frame. Does that make sense?

If the bolt's just tight enough and has minimal play (say .020-.030) then as they shrink you would gain some extra clearence but once the rubber starts shrinking you'd have to replace them anyway or they get really hard and that's when they usually rip apart.

Wonder if when the links on the mm snap tight they send off a sound that would set off the knock sensor?

If the bolt's just tight enough and has minimal play (say .020-.030) then as they shrink you would gain some extra clearence but once the rubber starts shrinking you'd have to replace them anyway or they get really hard and that's when they usually rip apart.
with the bolt in place i don't think that they will rip apart.
Wonder if when the links on the mm snap tight they send off a sound that would set off the knock sensor?
Good question, as its not preloaded like the strap and eye bolt thing on the accessory bracket.
BUT
after having to have my acc.bracket welded i won't be going back to that.

Back