IMG00323.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 578
  • IMG00324.jpg
    IMG00324.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 554
Holy chiT!

....that turbo and DP is almost as big as the engine:eek:
....customers car or are you and Shane working on something new?:confused:

Its a customers car. Its only a GTQ71 turbo.

Hope that is TSM legal. We already set one up like that but its only a 3.5 dp..

Why is it facing the front like that? If its only a 71 would a 4 bolt flange header and 3.5" downpipe yeild the same result? I remeber Avon had a setup like that but used a much bigger turbo.

Why is it facing the front like that? If its only a 71 would a 4 bolt flange header and 3.5" downpipe yeild the same result? I remeber Avon had a setup like that but used a much bigger turbo.

Its setup like that for a couple of different reasons.

#1 - We're building headers for the car as well so I have a clean sheet of paper and creative license to do whatever I think will work.

#2 - The guy only street races the car so building a header for a class is irrelevant.

#3 - Its much easier to get this downpipe down through there without having to make that quick 90 right off the turbo. Notice we got rid of the quick 90 that RJC sends with the kit and put in a smoother piece right off the turbo.

#4 - The crossover will be coming around the front. Moving the turbo over there and spinning it gives us more to work with getting the crossover where we want it.

The headers will probably be done next week.. Ill keep updating this thread.

Hope that is TSM legal. We already set one up like that but its only a 3.5 dp..

The turbo has to be in correct orientation for TSM unless that rule changed this year. I was going to do this with our TSM specific headers we built last year but couldnt because of the rules.

Added another picture.

very nice workmanship as always. But for a street car thats going to be really loud and carry one hell of a drown. I would love to hear a sound clip of that when its all said and done. Beautiful work guys.

very nice workmanship as always. But for a street car thats going to be really loud and carry one hell of a drown. I would love to hear a sound clip of that when its all said and done. Beautiful work guys.

Its going to go through a stock exhaust for street driving.

For racing we're going to do a special testpipe.

Jay, can't tell from the last pic clearly, but how close is it to the fender liner?

Jay, can't tell from the last pic clearly, but how close is it to the fender liner?

Its close but not touching. We'll have to trim a little of the liner out.

+1 for 5 inch downpipes. I like RJC racing down pipe too. I believe you can still use it for TSM. They both look really nice.

+1 for 5 inch downpipes. I like RJC racing down pipe too. I believe you can still use it for TSM. They both look really nice.

That is the RJC piece, we just didnt use the elbow that comes with it.