Monte LS Headlights project (photo)

Body kits are hideous.....

Oh, Jesus H .... :rolleyes:

G11.JPG

The Monte lights look good, makes the whole car look more modern.

Originally posted by Welby
Body kits are hideous.....

Oh, Jesus H .... :rolleyes:

Got that right. They sell some tacky stuff over there.
Disclaimer: I'm putting the Celebrity lights on my MCSS but not endorsing their other crap.
74751682.jpg

In my experience I have only bought one item from them and it was a Hurst Olds front spoiler. The quality of it was great, the service could have been a lot better. They sent a factory replacement oem and not one for retrofitting to another car, tthay asked this on the phone. When I got the wrong one and called them they were pissy and quite rude and said I had to have been the one that made a mistake. Finally got the right one and all was fine.
They do have some stuff that is somewhat one-off or just hard to find . You are right on the tacky part. They at least need to upgrade the picts on the site to show cars that are painted not just with parts mocked up and maybe nicer quality cars.

Originally posted by Quadrabog
Lauren Engineering sells fiberglass buckets for mounting 87-90 Celebrity lights into the Monte Carlo SS. The Celebrity headlights are the same size as a pair of rectangular sealed beams and will likely be easier to fit in the Buick. The MCLS lights are an odd size that will only fit its original header.

I was thinking that myself. Guys were using the Celebrity lights as well as the late 80's-90 model Caprice head lights as the one composite unit is the same dimensions as 2 sealed beams.
I definitely have to complement you for tackling that job.
Now if someone made a one piece composite that replaced the bezel and side markers it would look really sharp.

Sorry for the delayed reply - I only have internet access on Fri. & Sat. - (I have busy, regulated weeks).

The wheels are the Classic Torque Thrust II's (CL205 if I remember right) They are 16x8, 4" front backspace, 3 3/4" rear backspace. They come with grey centers. Tires are Kumho Ecsta's. 245/50 & 255/50. Wheels should look very good when I drop the car.

I haven't had a chance to adjust the headlights but forsee no problem with that. I won't see the car until May when the snow melts-there is about two feet already. It will be higher than the dryer vent in the picture (on the back of the house) in a couple months. The garage it's in isn't big enough to work in and isn't heated either.

I'm not sure what you are looking for in a write-up. Ask specific questions so I get an idea what you want.

I would take a hatchet to that yellow regal to liberate it from the gay ass body cladding.

Originally posted by mygrain
I would take a hatchet to that yellow regal to liberate it from the gay ass body cladding.

Better it have this happen to it than getting chewed up in the ghetto, getting stolen once a week .