You can type here any text you want

Mopar Guy Just Got an 87 Grand National

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Yankee John

Hi folks! New guy here.

I normally lean toward Mopars, but when I sold a couple of my project cars a few weeks ago (1970 Challenger RT/SE and 1971 Road Runner), I had to get a car that I have been drooling for since they were new; an 87 Grand National! And unlike my project cars, it runs and drives- I drove it home from Minneapolis on Saturday.

It's kinda rough, but I bought it right so I can afford to put a little money into it. It has 120K and has some rust issues. It has a cold air intake, poly front end bushings, cat back exhaust, and MSD plug wires, but the rest is pretty much stock.

First thing I did was put new BFG tires on it, as the Firestones that are on the car in these pics were starting to seperate (It shook like a mother driving home!). Next thing to change will be going to vacumn brakes (I already have the master cyl, booster, and pedal)- It barely stops now.

Looking forward to learning all about these awesome cars on this great forum!

John

Attachments

• mine2.jpg
    mine2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 313
  • mine3.jpg
    mine3.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 317
  • mine10.jpg
    mine10.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 313
  • mine4.jpg
    mine4.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 314
  • mine5.jpg
    mine5.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 312
Congrats! Enjoy the car and the board! Do plenty of reading so you can enjoy it for a long time to come!!!

Nice car!

Welcome to the dark side! These cars are addicting! You will see!

I also have two old Mopar Muscle cars!

:)

I grew up in MOPARs and am considering a new Challenger RT but my GN is my baby and will never be replaced.
Welcome to the club.:)

Welcome!!! There are alot of closet Mopar guys here. Theres alot to learn with these cars. Good Luck, and have fun....

ALRIGHT!!! Another one converted!
Nice car.

Is it me, or does it look to sit kinda low in the front? If that isn't intentional, I would address that somewhere along the way.

welcome! be shure to check/replace that chrome breather on valvecover that style has been know to have the foam melt inside plugging up. Open element KN breathers much better.

Back