MORE of Wades 6.0 Conversion

On Wades swap i used motor mount stands for a 3rd gen F body. Same thing a SBC G body would have had and Moroso solid mounts that are designed off the old school short/wide chevrolet mount. The engine side of things uses Dirty Dingo CNC alum plates with multiple forward/back positions. Technically that combo bolted right up but then we had to modify the stands to center the engine and raise it slightly for the Holley oil pan clearance.

If i did it again id use a stock 4th gen camaro pan since the front of the pan would clear the steering with an extra 1/2 inch. It didnt really matter on this swap as the motor HAD to get centered to even think about having enough passenger side room for all the turbo pipes.

Well we got the car started and it sounds great! The 3 bar SD conversion with the late model PCM had me worried how it would start up since the SD table has to be made completely from scratch. Got lucky and it fired right up and ran really clean. The Hooker cat back exhaust is almost too quiet and may need more agressive mufflers to sound more intimadating. Everything went great till i brake boosted it to 6 lbs boost at 3500 rpm and the RevMax torque converter decided to eat the torrington bearing. Already broke and it hasnt moved an inch under its own power. Oh well out comes the tranny for a new converter........again.

One things for sure, the Comp turbo sounds WICKED coming down on the blowoff valve!

nice work, you guys wont be able to enjoy it with the winters up there and all. send it tome down in the deset i'll put some miles on it all year round :)

Yup BAD ASS !! Ride.
Marty got the new converter installed and took me for a ride and at 13lbs. of boost this GN absolutely BLOWS the MT drag radials off ALL the way threw 2snd gear. Marty did change the mufflers with some new stainless steel performance ones (brand ? sorry I forgot) but this car is still fairly quite and runs smooth as glass !! What a FREAKING SLEEPER !!
Just a little input here on Marty as he's been a close friend of mine for years. His Dad Tim owned and operated Tim's Hot Rods here in Spokane for like 30 years and Marty worked there most of his life until his Dad retired and shut the business down. Marty moved on, bought his own place ( NICE) and is doing his thing. Mainly Marty has built TWO of the highest dollar hot rods to ever go across the block at BJ. and I mean $400,000 and $500,000 cars, but Marty has pretty much moved away from hot rods ( he don't like them Hee-Hee ) and does mostly muscle car and TURBO stuff. His work is next to none & NO hen house S--T !!

Thanks for the kind words Mike. Wades car truly does drive like a showroom stocker in smoothness plus retaining all the creature comforts. I didnt really try the cruise control as the handle and switches felt broken to shit but everything else works very nice. Its misleading how smooth it is till you hit the gas and it really goes! I would have to say the Comp 78 is the largest T4 flanged turbo offered and i have a feeling its a bit choked by the turbine housing.

Tests showed 30 lbs backpressure at 15 lbs boost like a OEM setup at a 2:1 ratio. Not the best for big power and i think it would make a serious jump if the housing got swapped to a bigger 1.32 A/R from the existing 1.05 divided. For the record the Hooker store bought cat back is the WORST turbo GN exhaust ever since the Hooker comp mufflers showed 5 lbs backpressure post turbo at only 10 lbs boost (500 hp est.) and the magnaflow copies show 1 lb thru the too small 2.5 dia pipe. Good street exhaust but it need an electric cutout to run to potential.