More Problems!!!@!@! X-Mas Sucks 2 years in a row!

Also of concern is the large puddle of liquid you found under it. Any possibility the block could have frozen and cracked?????????

A thought on the ...

oil pressure increase, could it just have been from the low temps causing the oil to thicken, barring the electrical connections?:confused:

Put the turbo mounting bracket back on the car or next years rant may be how the passenger side header is all cracked. :eek: :(

Ask Mike from Full Throttle how it can be used with the Gt6152E you bought.

Probably just as easy to reinstall as with the stock turbo, but ask him first.

I'm siding with the car on this one. :p

"Put the turbo mounting bracket back on the car or next years rant may be how the passenger side header is all cracked.

Ask Mike from Full Throttle how it can be used with the Gt6152E you bought.

Probably just as easy to reinstall as with the stock turbo, but ask him first."

I NEVER see mounting brackets on the big turbo cars at the car shows. never. how come none of their headers are cracking.

"I NEVER see mounting brackets on the big turbo cars at the car shows. never. how come none of their headers are cracking."

Because they don't' drive them?! :eek: :p

And if they do it's not very far, or they have ATR's show car headers. ;)

Or better yet the new chrome stainless Chinese ones. :cool:

Next time check the thickness of the welds on any stock headers you see without a turbo bracket.

PS: It only helps crack the passenger side not using the bracket.

Ok. Well the ground problem is fixed. Electricity is looking good.

The oil pressure guage is still acting up though. When you rev it the oil pressure actually drops.

Fire the car it goes to 80psi after 10 seconds falls to 40psi after another 5-10 seconds drops to 20psi and stays there until you rev the engine. When you rev the engine to about 2.5k-4k the oil pressure drops further to 10psi.

What i am doing(tell me if i am on the right track here) Bought a mechanical oil pressure guage and am going to hook that up first to make sure it is not a guage problem. Then i am going to drop the oil pan check for metal shavings and see if the OIL Pickup Tube is still connected and hasn't fallen of in the pan.

Assuming the oil pickup tube is in place and i don't have a pan full of metal shavings should i suspect a bad Oil pump?

Thanks for all you guys help. If it wasn;t for this board i would have gotten rid of this car long ago. But i love it to much and just want it to run good.

....The oil pressure guage is still acting up though. When you rev it the oil pressure actually drops.

Fire the car it goes to 80psi after 10 seconds falls to 40psi after another 5-10 seconds drops to 20psi and stays there until you rev the engine. When you rev the engine to about 2.5k-4k the oil pressure drops further to 10psi.

What i am doing(tell me if i am on the right track here) Bought a mechanical oil pressure guage and am going to hook that up first to make sure it is not a guage problem. Then i am going to drop the oil pan check for metal shavings and see if the OIL Pickup Tube is still connected and hasn't fallen of in the pan.

Assuming the oil pickup tube is in place and i don't have a pan full of metal shavings should i suspect a bad Oil pump? .........

Probably just a problem with the sender.
Just verify and post back before you drop the pan.

UPDATE TIME!!!

First thanks for all the help i am finally not upset anymore as i know i can fix this with you guys help!

Note: ALL TESTS DONE IN PARK! If i need to try and drive it i can, just let me know. On to the results!

Ok so i put the mechanical guage on(cheap unit from Checker brand is Iequus). The oil pressure on startup goes to 80 as it pressurizes the line. It then settles to 40 and stays there at idle got down around maybe 34-38 after 2 minutes. After letting it warm up running for 5 minutes i get on the throttle and slowly rev the engine. The oil pressure at this point drops to between 25-30 and stays there thoughout RPM Range. When i let it go back to idle it settles back between 35-40.

I have not dropped the pan as JerryL wanted these results before i did that.

thanks for the responses!

UPDATE TIME!!!

First thanks for all the help i am finally not upset anymore as i know i can fix this with you guys help!

Note: ALL TESTS DONE IN PARK! If i need to try and drive it i can, just let me know. On to the results!

Ok so i put the mechanical guage on(cheap unit from Checker brand is Iequus). The oil pressure on startup goes to 80 as it pressurizes the line. It then settles to 40 and stays there at idle got down around maybe 34-38 after 2 minutes. After letting it warm up running for 5 minutes i get on the throttle and slowly rev the engine. The oil pressure at this point drops to between 25-30 and stays there thoughout RPM Range. When i let it go back to idle it settles back between 35-40. .......

Oil pressure should NEVER EVER drop when you increase RPM's. That is "No Bueno". Did the pressure always drop (on the electrical gauge)when you rev the engine, as in "before you noticed these problems"?

No never dropped before i had my turbo go out a few weeks ago. It would always rise.

The turbo went out after i left for work gave it some gas hit my 15 psi and i heard a loud grinding noise then no boost. At the time i didn't look at my oil pressure guage. I was to worried i had blown the car to hell. Now the funny thing about the turbo is that the propellers had zero play in them but the exhaust side had copious amounts of oil coking.

So i figured that something had seized internally on the turbo and ordered the new one. After the new one got put on is when i noticed the oil pressure and immediately thought that the problem could have been oil starvation. I am unsure thats why i am here.

Thanks for the help.

oil pressure drop

Check the top oil cooler line at radiator for bearing shavings.This is the 1st place that the oil goes to and all bearing shaving plug up the inlet of oil cooler in the radiator .Had this problem after hearting many motors with spun bearing cracking pistions and puting holes in pistions and over heating engine in car cruzes and bad turbo bearing.I would unscrew top oil cooler line at radiator very simple check, there is a screen at a 1/2" inside radiator .I had to take radiator out of car to get it all out .Let me now if this is any help.

At least your wife didnt leave you the day after christmas, for no reason that makes sense at all. Women are the most fiendish devise of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man.

UPDATE TIME!!!

Ok so i put the mechanical guage on(cheap unit from Checker brand is Iequus). The oil pressure on startup goes to 80 as it pressurizes the line. It then settles to 40 and stays there at idle got down around maybe 34-38 after 2 minutes. After letting it warm up running for 5 minutes i get on the throttle and slowly rev the engine. The oil pressure at this point drops to between 25-30 and stays there thoughout RPM Range. When i let it go back to idle it settles back between 35-40.

I have not dropped the pan as JerryL wanted these results before i did that.

thanks for the responses!

Oil pressure should NEVER EVER drop when you increase RPM's. That is "No Bueno". Did the pressure always drop (on the electrical gauge)when you rev the engine, as in "before you noticed these problems"?

No never dropped before i had my turbo go out a few weeks ago. It would always rise.

The turbo went out after i left for work gave it some gas hit my 15 psi and i heard a loud grinding noise then no boost. At the time i didn't look at my oil pressure guage. I was to worried i had blown the car to hell. Now the funny thing about the turbo is that the propellers had zero play in them but the exhaust side had copious amounts of oil coking.

So i figured that something had seized internally on the turbo and ordered the new one. After the new one got put on is when i noticed the oil pressure and immediately thought that the problem could have been oil starvation. I am unsure thats why i am here.

Thanks for the help.

:confused: Just a bump to see if anyone else has an opinion of what my problem may be based off of this info above.

Has been rainy the last two days may drop pan tomorrow and want to know what i am looking for when i do. :eek:

:confused: Just a bump to see if anyone else has an opinion of what my problem may be based off of this info above.

Has been rainy the last two days may drop pan tomorrow and want to know what i am looking for when i do. :eek:

First check the cooler line like stated above, if that checks OK, I'd be leaning toward a cracked/ loose oil pick up, anyone else?