You can type here any text you want

Moroso Trick Springs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Looks like I will be the test pilot. I just installed these yesterday along with a set of lower control arms. The ride is fine and definately helped make the car launch better on the street. I will let you guys know how they are on the track.

Oh no, saw this too late...

Good luck!:D

Myself, and others, have used the POS Moroso springs, and trashed them in 6 months or so.:mad:

Don't know how well they will do on the street, but all the G-body racers I know that used them ended up with junk.

Unless you run faster than 9's, stock GN springs work just fine.:)

im gonna go ahead and bring this back from the dead in hopes of getting some more opinions on these springs. they are super inexpensive. does anyone have any other input?

im gonna go ahead and bring this back from the dead in hopes of getting some more opinions on these springs. they are super inexpensive. does anyone have any other input?
Yes and they suck. I have a set if you want to buy them. This is definitely old school technology. They are very difficult to put in because need a lot of compressed length to make up for the low spring rate. Even the heaviest trick spring in a lite Turbo Buick is not really enough and will be on the bump stops. I think I even tried a heavier set from a Chevelle or Nova that wasn't normally listed for the G-Body and it still wasn't enough. Front Tires will end up rubbing the inner fenders when taking corners also.
In my opinion your money would be better spent on double adjustable Afco shocks and maybe a lower rate replacement springs for a stock N/A V6 or V8 regal.
AG.

I used them on my 86/stage car. They worked ok. Not a lot of street time, tho.
Moroso springs. Some say yea, some nay. There were 2 Moog part numbers thrown out: 5596 w/ 1/2 coil cut., & pt #5658.
I googled the 5658 pt no. Fits S10, 4 cyl, etc.
The 5596 fits the Malibu, etc.
I have a pair of new Morosos, still in the box. I'm not going to use them, as the iron LS1 and 4L80e are too heavy. NE want them, shoot me a pm.....

I used them on my 86/stage car. They worked ok. Not a lot of street time, tho.
Moroso springs. Some say yea, some nay. There were 2 Moog part numbers thrown out: 5596 w/ 1/2 coil cut., & pt #5658.
I googled the 5658 pt no. Fits S10, 4 cyl, etc.
The 5596 fits the Malibu, etc.
I have a pair of new Morosos, still in the box. I'm not going to use them, as the iron LS1 and 4L80e are too heavy. NE want them, shoot me a pm.....

Are you talking for front springs or rear springs?

I have ran both front and back on my non Turbo Regal G bodies. Rears are useless fronts are a PITA to install, ride like crap in the street, but will transfer the weight really well at the track. I had the fronts on a BBC El camino the would transfer the weight so well it would drag the back bumper out the gates while launching off idle. If it was a track car only, I would run the fronts all day, but for a street car, the front will sit way too low over time even if you run the BBC springs.

I have ran both front and back on my non Turbo Regal G bodies. Rears are useless fronts are a PITA to install, ride like crap in the street, but will transfer the weight really well at the track. I had the fronts on a BBC El camino the would transfer the weight so well it would drag the back bumper out the gates while launching off idle. If it was a track car only, I would run the fronts all day, but for a street car, the front will sit way too low over time even if you run the BBC springs.

Yep.
My Morosos are for sale. I am ordering a pair of Moog 5658's today.

Here's the link to all the MOOG spring data...

http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/Universal_Coil_Springs.asp
Considering the added wt of the iron block LS, I'm trying to derermine which spring to use.
The 5596 has a load capacity of 1440, vs the 5658 at 1405. However, the rate on the 5596 is 346, while the 5658 is 530.
The 5596 has a free length of 15.19, while the 5658 is 13.35.
Looks like the 5658 will sit lower, but carry the load a bit better Y/N?? And, be a bit easier to install. However some have cut 1/2 coil off the 5596.

Thots B4 I buy???

I would think that the longer spring (5596) will spring the weight more efficiently since it's longer. It also gives you the option to cut a coil or two if you don't like how the car sits. The 5658 will be installed and it is what it is, no more option to cut the coil for desired size. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back