You can type here any text you want

Most reliable line lock

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Car has a line lock which leaks at the wire. Not much, but it is moist.

What is the must reliable line lock out there?

I bought the B&M one b/c it was cheapest at the time, but it's been a quality piece. No leaks in four years now.

I've had a biondo since 1999. No problems.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks guys. The one on the car was installed in 02. Not even sure who makes it. Paperwork does not specify. May need to post a pic for help.

Wonder if anyone has seen similar problems.

mine won't hold the brakes anymore after sitting at the traffic light more than a minute or two, guessing it needs swapped out, I changed the brake fluid and that made no difference...

Chuck

Wanted to give an update. The unit is a Biondo. The fittings are tight and the wire is still wet. Called Biondo who informed me that the unit should be used at least once a year or the seals will dry out. When asked about life expectancy, the tech stated that he has one on his car for 12 years without issues. The unit is in fact rebuidable as indicated on the “www”, but the rebuild kit is about the same price as the unit. A new unit has been purchased and will be replaced one of these days :rolleyes: . Thanks to all who replied!

I think you made the right choice. My Hurst (style) from summit had a leak from day 1. Flaw in the design I'd say.. I could clearly see how the oring was messed up from the beginning.

Did you guys install the line lock right from the master cylinder or down on the frame after the distribution block/proportioning valve. I just bought a hurst and will be installing with my hydroboost install.

Biondo, mounted to the bracket covering the prop valve. Works good. You just need a couple of 90° brass fittings, a brass tee, a brass plug and a couple short pieces of brake lines. Here is a pic of mine. Things look better now under there, I removed a ton of undercoating and installed a brass prop valve after this pic.

linelock2.jpg

I did mine down on the frame since I had the motor out.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1401457202.497412.jpg

Back