Moving to Camp Pendleton

USMC_Turbo6

Good Evening Guys,

I will be moving to Camp Pendleton in the next few months and wanted to know if they are any local Buick guys nearby to get to know and maybe meet up with. Also any good shops that I could take my car too if needed or guy to help me out with turning a few wrenches?

Look me up when you get into town I'm down in San Diego. I'm sure some of the other local guys will chime in too.

Neal

Congrats on orders to the Left Coast brother! There are a handful of Buick guys in the SoCal area and everyone I have met is very nice, and very helpful. If you need some help turning wrenches, just post up and I am sure you can get some willing help. if you need some help tuning or just need a trustworthy mechanic that knows these cars, Lou is in Lake Forest. Definitely one of the best around. There are get togethers every once in a while, and we are about due for another one. (Hint hint guys!!!)

I think you will love this side of the country. Great weather all year round! Hope to meet you in the future once you get here.

James

Man, thanks Neal and James I will do that. Always great to met good people. Man I'm going to make the best out of being in California. Just have to take it one day at a time.

Thanks

Dee

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Here is a pic of part of Camp Pendleton. It is HUGE, and most of it is undeveloped terrain like mountains and "desert" and is used for training. I frequently see you guys "camping" out there with comms tents, etc.

Go to socalcarculture.com and find the events page if you want to see some of the car shows, cruises, etc in the area. There are TONS!

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1375541687.383628.jpg

I'd love to meet up with with any other turbo buick cars in San Diego, is there a facebook or any other type of group page we can chat / schedule meetups?

When I was stationed out there, we used to hit the track in Carlsbad I believe. Wasn't far away so that's a plus.

That figures Hell its been twenty years or better

Guys will love to meet up with you all. I have a few mo weeks here in NC and I will be out that way. ;)

Less than 30 days until the move. An I'm not looking forward to that long drive. :eek:

Dee,
You're going to dig Camp Pendleton. Weather is great 99% of the time. Oh heck! Your a Marine. Weather is great 100% of the time:D. I hope you know how to surf. There's a legendary left point break that happens with a South swell there. The ocean temp is 70 degrees right now. Good fishing, desert, mountains. It's one of the few places on Earth that you can go snow boarding, skydiving and surfing all in the same day. Trust me, I've done it.

Let us know when your heading this way. We'll try and set something up.

Thank you for your service and happy spooling.:)

Mike Barnard

Dee,
You're going to dig Camp Pendleton. Weather is great 99% of the time. Oh heck! Your a Marine. Weather is great 100% of the time:D. I hope you know how to surf. There's a legendary left point break that happens with a South swell there. The ocean temp is 70 degrees right now. Good fishing, desert, mountains. It's one of the few places on Earth that you can go snow boarding, skydiving and surfing all in the same day. Trust me, I've done it.

Let us know when your heading this way. We'll try and set something up.

Thank you for your service and happy spooling.:)

Mike Barnard

Thanks for all the input, I'm hoping that I make some friends in the Buick community over there so I can get out and have some fun with the car