You can type here any text you want

MSD50 and stock fuel pump

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Swede2

I dont know anything!
Hi...

Is there any idea to install the #50 injectors without to install Walbro 340 pump ?

Or will this only do that the fuel pump goes lean cause it cant transfer the amount of fuel that the injectors wants ?

I am thinking on to cut up from the upside to get to the fuel pump, it seems to be very much work to do it the "right" way and take down rear axle and so on... Have anyone done this and in that case where shall I cut ?

Daniel

AHHH !!!! don't cut the floor :eek:
heck if you are that desperate someone will do it for you! if you were close i say buy me a 12 pack and we will knock it out. It only takes about 2 hrs to do it correctly.
I just did mine last week.
yeah you need a 340 the stocker is junk after all these years.

Daniel, whatever you do don't cut the floor pan to access the fuel pump, not only do you have to cut the floor but you also have to cut off the hard fuel lines on top of the fuel tank. Eero (with the 87 Cab @ TACS) have done this I noticed. Too be honest I would never buy a car where this have been done.

It's not hard to do this, I've done it and yes it's a bit tricky and takes time but it's not a big deal. Talk to Uffe he had someone do it for him.

Ok, I shall not cut the floor. But the summer is soon over and I wanna get a time on the strip :)

Daniel

Daniel,
The rear end does not have to be removed. Dropped yes by releasing the brakeline bracket and releasing it from the shocks where it drops. Exhuast has to drop, and take off a bunch of screws.. I would say the typical time is 6-8 hours.If all bolts come off as should, and you dont want to bend the filler neck.

gn4u2c.. 2 hours on the floor or a lift? Even on a lift.. that has to be a world record. In at 12:00 out by 2:00 pm. On a Buick yes.. the TTA.. man i'd like to see that.

When I do the fuel pump removal... What tools are needed ?

American sizes ? Or just european ?

Daniel

fuel pump

No big deal to change the fuel pump! It's one of my favorite pains in the ass. The biggest hassle will be to pull the exhaust out of the way. Have fun!
Dale

Thx Janne, thats all I had to know! I did change the rear axle gear lube today after work... 2 hours did it take, and yes Im a newbie lol. But I can notice the progresses... For 2 years ago, I hardly knew what a rear axle was...

Daniel

Hi again!

I am now done with the fuel pump install... Took 15 hours total lol.

5 hours on the saturday and 10 on sunday... I am happy that I dont have to worry about it anymore. The idle was greatly improved. Its so smooth now if I compare to before. I also did change the fuel filter.

Daniel

Congrats.. what it didnt take you 2 hours :D

Teee heeee :D

Good news Daniel, glad you notice a difference as well after all the work you put into it.

When I did my fuel pump I where doing bits and pieces to my rear (well the TTA's rear :-) so I already had the exhaust and rear axel removed so thought I might as well do the pump at the same time.

Yeah, and with the new pump I just have to install the MSD50:s and put a bit of methanol in a tank I have... then upping the boost. Then... low 12:s ? haha

Daniel

Back