You can type here any text you want

Mt Drag Radial Best

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

390STEVE

PROUD AMERICAN
I have had bfg drag radial, 3 sets of nitto drag radials and all I can say is their is no comparison. MT drag radials are just as good as my quick time pros at the track (no crap)

went from bracking loose at 40mph

to 6psi of boost and put to the floor right away. from a stop!!!

I don't care how they work at the track. I have slicks for that. but on the street I say instead of spending money on more horsepower. put what you have down to the street first

Only negative I have heard is the cleanup on the quarter panels is horrible, compared to the other DR's. That's the only reason I've stayed with Nittos..The MT apparently puts out a more oily residue on the car when heated. FYI

Hey, just take a little Ivory dish soap and spread it on your quater panels and the rubber will just wash right off.

how can you be worried about getting a little dirt on your car that can be cleaned up. but not about adding extra boost to car?

I am telling once you go mt you will never go back. I love these tires. since I put them on my car my friends are putting them all of thier own cars.

Well, I've used wax, dish soap, and stuff in the bottle they sell to keep the rubber from sticking. The latter has worked best for me...Dish soap removes wax...As for the MT's being the ticket, I've been 1.54 short time on Nittos. It's not ALL in the tire. Set the suspension up right and it can be done. I think you'll find after some time driving your car on the street that your paint behind the rear tires will take a beating. I'll keep my paint and sacrifice a little traction. To each his own...

I agree with the first post

These are hands down the best tires I've ever owned. Ive had nittos before, and I used to just drive around on my ET Drags, I can honestly say that on the street the traction is as good as the et drags. These things have an unbelievable amount of grip. I daily drive them too and have like 8k miles on them allready and they still arent down to the wear bar (they are close)

I think once you go to this tire you are forever ruined for other tires

I've cut some upper 1.4's on these. It's was a fine line between tire shake and traction, but they work very well.

About 8500 miles on mine. They just hit the wear bars.

I have a pic of them wrinkling at MIR, and lifting my front end. Not too shabby. ;)

Any comments on how they are in the rain, compared to the Nittos? In my opinion the Nittos are as good as any regular all-weather tire in the rain, and I hate to give that up in a daily driver.

Once you go Mickeys you never go back!!! My brother has been some low 1.5's on the 275/60/15 MTs with his Buick powered Foxbody and it will easily have a mid to low 1.4 in it when he launches it harder :cool:

Watched Cal Hartline pull a huge wheelstand at Nats on the way to a sub 9 sec pass on MT Drag Radials. :eek:
John

Yeah and Dusty Bradford ran 8.30's at BG on the 295/65/15 MTs.. He has also been 5.25 @137mph in the 1/8 which is easily equivalent to an 8teen - 8.0 in the 1/4....

That 5.25 pass was a 1.29 60 foot in a 3550# car :wink:

The tires are more "oily" than slicks I've used but it comes off easier than the slick rubber on the quarters. The only bad thing is if you get it on you and try to wipe it off it will smear all the way down your arm. I usually pressure wash the majority off then spray it with WD40 to get the rest to wipe off.

ijames said:
Any comments on how they are in the rain, compared to the Nittos? In my opinion the Nittos are as good as any regular all-weather tire in the rain, and I hate to give that up in a daily driver.

The nittos have them beat hands down, just look at the tread pattern. I couldnt tell the difference between the nittos and just a regular tire in the rain.

I have driven the MTs several times in the rain and on the freeway and I have not experienced hydroplaning but I certainly drive differently in the rain with them since the tread pattern is so unsubstantial. That said, I can pretty much drive the speed limit without problems. I would do my best to avoid standing water though.

So the verdict for me is that yes they are streetable in the rain, just take it easy.

OK guys here is what I do an it has worked great so far to the point I hate to share it.. I use Glad press n seal plastic wrap on my rear 1/4/s.. It sticks to the paint great an after you are threw just pull it off.. I was a lil hesitant with it with the exhaust thinking what if it melts to the piant but have had no problem.. An after looking @ this months Car Craft I see another person is trying it too! Just make sure you press it on well an simply pull off after you are threw...I am surprised no one has ever come up with this..

The Nittos are definitely a good tire in the rain. I got caught in a heavy downpour over the weekend on a set of nittos that are getting close to the end of their usefulness. I was kind of worried but no problems. Car was stable as can be. I'm looking forward to trying the MTs though. What seems to be the best size for a street/strip car? 275/50 or 275/60?

I have the 275/50s and to me they look right

Ive seen alot of T/R's with the 60s and they look kind of goofy to me

KevinB said:
What is the best burnout practices with the M/T's? TIA

The tread compound on the M/Ts is designed to heat up quickly so all they need is a small burnout, no need for the John Force:)

HTH

Back