You can type here any text you want

muffler

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bogies87

Anybody had any experience with the Flowtech 50560FLT muffler?? I am going to run a single 3" ehaust and trying to find a good flowing non chambered muffler. What caught my eye was the dump this has. It would eliminate the need for a test pipe with dump.

Anybody had any experience with the Flowtech 50560FLT muffler?? I am going to run a single 3" ehaust and trying to find a good flowing non chambered muffler. What caught my eye was the dump this has. It would eliminate the need for a test pipe with dump.

well please don't take this the wrong way but that is a chambered muffler. If you have the cap off its straight shot, cap on its multiple chambered. as seen here Flowtech 50522 Flowtech Warlock Racing Mufflers

how about trying a CORELESS muffler? The Flowmaster outlaw, its an oval design with no core; as in no louvers (glass pack style) and no perforated core like all muffler companies sell with hundreds of holes and packing material that will rot. try it out. your warlock has 2 chambered louvered cores with the cap on. you can see the center of the Outlaw muffler in the bottom of this link its the last picture.

hope this helps, this is like round 15 on me explaining flowmaster outlaws compared to every single cored muffler on the market today.
take care merry xmas!

Thanks for the information. It is what I was looking for. I will look at the flowamster like you suggested.

If you are building a 3" exhaust you already will be eliminating the need for a cut out.

My own personal opinion if I was going to build an exhaust I would probably start with a muffler like this Magnaflow 11219 Magnaflow Performance Satin Stainless Steel Mufflers but I prefer a milder exhaust to a loud one.

again please dont take this the wrong way but the message isn't getting through so I'm ramping it up...EEWWW please no more 50 year old perforated core mufflers with hundreds of holes in the chamber with packing material that will rot (packing material is for sound detonation in my home theater and my car speakers not my 1000+ degree turbo charged exhaust). I see Round a 16 is needed you see now bogie? I would suggest before just buying what everyone else buys or is TOLD to buy from Magazines DO Research and find out how old perforated/louvered mufflers are for yourself if you disagree. Simply put its old tech and its sucks that multi million dollar companies like magnaflow reinvent the wheel and sell it for profits still, I don't blame them. I searched muffler companies far and wide (the US market, Asian market, and European market...now I know none if very few of you out there have ever looked that far or wide for a muffler) flowmaster outlaw was the only non cored muffler I would choose. Not a fan of spin tech or any of those tornado mufflers either (these also have no cores but their sound rotational bar design doesn't look promising to me).

Flowmaster Outlaw is the only muffler choice, for NEW 2010 technology, and a coreless muffler. It funny people spend hundreds for magnaflows out of box and people really think that its new, nope. It might be brand new material but its really brand new 50 year old technology in newly made material.

cheers! sunday morning green tea!

again please dont take this the wrong way but the message isn't getting through so I'm ramping it up...EEWWW please no more 50 year old perforated core mufflers with hundreds of holes in the chamber with packing material that will rot (packing material is for sound detonation in my home theater and my car speakers not my 1000+ degree turbo charged exhaust). I see Round a 16 is needed you see now bogie? I would suggest before just buying what everyone else buys or is TOLD to buy from Magazines DO Research and find out how old perforated/louvered mufflers are for yourself if you disagree. Simply put its old tech and its sucks that multi million dollar companies like magnaflow reinvent the wheel and sell it for profits still, I don't blame them. I searched muffler companies far and wide (the US market, Asian market, and European market...now I know none if very few of you out there have ever looked that far or wide for a muffler) flowmaster outlaw was the only non cored muffler I would choose. Not a fan of spin tech or any of those tornado mufflers either (these also have no cores but their sound rotational bar design doesn't look promising to me).

Flowmaster Outlaw is the only muffler choice, for NEW 2010 technology, and a coreless muffler. It funny people spend hundreds for magnaflows out of box and people really think that its new, nope. It might be brand new material but its really brand new 50 year old technology in newly made material.

cheers! sunday morning green tea!

Sorry not eveyone wants their car to be race muffler loud...I personally wouldn't ever put a round bullet style muffler on my car...If I was buying a muffler right now I would buy magnaflow simply because I like the way they sound and I have seen no evidence that they don't flow enough air for the average Buick.

Noise is to get you noticed at the cruise nights:rolleyes:I like to go directly to the buffet(quietly):wink:

Kevin

Hooker cat back with aerochambers here:biggrin:

Back