You can type here any text you want

My '72 Chevelle 454 vs. GNX at the track

• Thread starter Thread starter Holy Chevelle
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I'll shoot you an email Dean, because I can't cram the story into a 1000 word limited PM. ;)

1 of 15? I just saw one at Englishtown racing yesterday. I guess I'm not the only one beating on a rare car (GSX). There was also a GNX racing, and it was smoking pretty bad.

<--- Has driven #884... Thats one bad ass car..

http://www.tta850.com/tta884.html

That car was used in the Silver State race err about 10 years ago. Used to have a 10 point roll cage and whatnot in it.

So I do see how someone could chop up a real GNX for racing.

Kat

Well I guess I shouldnt feel as bad about driving my TTA on a daily basis anymore since it is only one of the other 1324 cars (T-Tops and leather) and now has over 40,xxx miles on the odometer.

The way I see it is that I'm not planning to sell it and I can't take it with me so what does it really matter what it is worth. I want to get the most enjoyment out of it as I can and can only do that by driving it. If I had bought it as an investment (which is really stupid to do for nearly any car) I would have bought one with only a couple thousand miles on it, not 34,xxx.

As for modding it, go for it, especially if you save the original parts or th stock parts just give out. Tubbing out a low mileage good shape GNX would be crazy though.

The way I see it is that I'm not planning to sell it and I can't take it with me so what does it really matter what it is worth. I want to get the most enjoyment out of it as I can and can only do that by driving it.

Well said!! :D

speaking of rarity.. there were only ~2000 non WH1 84 T's built.. considering how people dont respect the hotairs, how many do you think are left out of that 2000? probably not even 1000 :-D

so what, my car is rare.

id say its probably the only one of its kind, metallic black, gunmetal GTA wheels, an interior NO ONE else has, oh, and it runs good too, thats pretty rare in hotairs right? mid 13s with 17psi, a jay carter chip, and a K&N filter. had the 1/8th for a low 13.

can you tell i like having something no one else has? :D

to each their own.. Anyone ever hear of the ORIGINAL GNX race car owned by Buddy Cox? He bought an X new and promptly made it into a full on race car. Its best run was 8.09. :)
I found a shot of it on the net. But im not so sure they have the correct pic.
Mvc-011s.jpg

looks like that pics was taken from bristol- hmmmm

im sure it pretty darned fast!

I guess that point Im trying to make is that everyone sees cars differently.. an example of this is that a guy near me in Philly buys a new Corvette every 2 years.. Hes been doing this since the late 70's. The funny thing is that he NEVER parks it in the garage OR even washes em. They mostly sit in his driveway. They are always there.. He hardly drives em. And dirty?? wow. Like I said he NEVER washes any of em. But every 2 years a new one sits there.. Go figure..

Back