my 80 regal limited

There's a new book on the G body platform that includes LS conversion info Kjetil. Have you been doing some research on any of the G body based forums about converting yet?

ive found a ls swap kit that includes motor mount and transmission crossmember and there are g body headers and sins ill be using a carb and the ignition modual that comes with the carb intake things will be alot easyer

Figured it would be easier for now. I think it's going to give you more than you expect and make you happy with the way it works for now.;)

thats not what two engine builders and three engine machinists have told me they said the crack will not go away from machining and the added pressure of the seats the crack will just grown faster

i dont see how that is, unless the crack is deeper then it looks, cause in the photo it appears to end right at the valve margin. but from what i can see, you should beable to machine all of the crack away for the new seats. if the valves are large enough, which it looks like they are, the 2 seats should overlap eachother.... which effectively removes the crack. but if other machinest say it cant be done.,... then your screwed.

two local engine machinists and one guy in california named john edwards are the two people i talked to and john dident even need a picture

so one head will probably goin the trash container IF the finish guy dosent get back to me and gets his ass in gear and send the suspension parts he wanted me to return the heads to him i guess he wants to put seats in em but ive been told the cracked on is a ticking time bomb sooo yeah but i aint sendin anything before i have those suspension parts here

ok slight update on the car finally got the 12" rotors in place these are heavy duty police rotors so should hold up real good did a quick mockup on a spidles to make sure things fit and got the umi rear control arm brace also the cracked head went in the scrap container today ive had enough with waiting and im not gonna spend hundreds of dollars on fixing it with a repair that MIGHT hold

brought home the "new " rear section for my frame today so now i need to buy the steel needed to make the jig for welding

well a small stack of parts from 5 star race bodys arrived today hood hinges/pins and spoiler mount kit

new batch of parts lower front control arms from UMI bleed nipples and brake line connectors for the calipers

Good decision to go turbo. It should meet or exceed your power goals now.

small load of parts arrived earlier

the flange to vband adapter needs to be rewelded because of cold weak welds i also want to have two more welds added on the flang and v-band ring to make sure it lasts

Last edited: