You can type here any text you want

My 87 GN vs 2003 Mercury Maurader

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
That raceweight was with me in the car and 1/2 tank of gas.
Without me, it would be around 3,434 with 1/2 tank. That is with nothing removed from the car (spare, jack, fluids, etc.) and is comparible (if not a bit lighter) than other weights I've seen for TR's.
I will say that the E-town scale has been notoriously inaccurate in the past, but from what I understand, it has been fixed this year.
S.

No I don't have the article, I have a book on modern cars that talks about it as well, it says that most of the mags could get 15.0s out of them, but it said, "a spirited "name of magzine" was able to ring a 14.5 or 6 out of one. I'm not saying it was a common thing but it is a well known fact that LT1s differ in performance greatly, ranging from 240 rwhp up to 275 hp(mostly on F bods). Anyways. I don't think the maruaders going mid 14s is gonna be common place either. high 14s to low 15s sound close to what an average driver in normal conditions will ring out of one. Just about the same as an Impalla. Well have a nice day

Originally posted by Snorman
I can't imagine being able to launch hard enough on stock radials to run a 13.4@99mph.
S.

i get 1.90 60s with 235/60/15 BFG radial Ta's.

maybe your car has something wrong with it

oh yea my car is a hotair too :D

that must be it right?

no, my car is as 'bone stock' as yours is smarty pants

"My car has a Cotton's 93 chip, adjustable WG actuator (set at 17psi), Postons air cleaner base lid, billet inlet bell and hotwired Walbro 340. Raceweight was 3,674 with me and 1/2 tank of fuel. "

mine has the same stuff only its a little lighter.

i ran a 13.6 (knock on top end due to faulty FP regulator) with 17psi boost

I think you're losing track of the discussion.
I never claimed my car was bone stock.
What I did claim was that, IMO, a bone stock GN wouldn't run 13.4@99mph on stock radials.
:rolleyes:
S.

In my opinion a bone stock GN won't run 13.5s or better either. I happen to have a bone stock '87 GN and it is quick, but it's not running that fast. Those are almost around GNX figures through the quarter according to this site: http://www.buickgnx.com/

Darrell

Man just posted a little funny story

Funny huh I think people out there have a very serious problem with ford and chevy. Sure make your statement and stick to your guns but don't go overboard on the FLAMES. With that outta the way I do hate Fords My first car was a Tempo (JUNK) and I have stated that I would NEVER own another...

Just my 1.8 cents..

Rx4Mike

Originally posted by GN and Sho's
My old 94'SS had K&N cone filter, borla catback, and upgraded 373 gears and still only managed a 14.8. No way did a stock SS get in the mid 14's. They only had 260 horse and weigh a ton. As far as the Marauders, I'm guessing high 14's.

Now this is funny, My old SS Impala ran 14.56@97 mph in bone stock trim through a paper filter down here in GA. I think it also depends on where the car is raced...i,e sea level and what shape the car was actualy in. My SS only had 18,000 miles on it and was one of the best riding cars I have ever been in that I took beyond the 130 mark.

Stopped reading about halfway down, but here's what the Impala guys say:

http://impala.homeip.net/impala/faq/faq.cgi#facts_stats
Go down to "Performance Figures"

Performance Numbers
Q: What sort of performance can I expect?

A: From the magazines:

Impala SS Performance Measurements Source 0-60 (sec) 1/4 Mile (sec @ MPH) Skidpad (G)
Chevrolet 7.1 N/A N/A
Car and Driver 6.5 15.0 @ 92.0 .86
Motor Trend 7.1 15.4 @ 91.0 .83
AutoWeek 8.1 N/A N/A

Judging from the response on the list, and my personal experience, the Impala should run low 15 second numbers from the factory, and easily be in the 14's with some intake and exhaust modifications.

Here are some 1/4 mile times achieved by a list member during a photoshoot at a dragstrip. This was on a very warm day, so the times will be a little slow. These will give you a feel of the performance possible with some of the minor modifications:

Vehicle 1: Air Intake, NOS System: 14.00 seconds
Vehicle 2: Air intake, 3.42 gears, 2.5" exhaust, Air foil, 1.6:1 roller rocker arms (stock springs), Hypertech (old style): 14.68 seconds
Vehicle 3: Air Intake, 2.5" exhaust, Air foil, Hypertech (new style, "Plus") : 14.78 seconds
Vehicle 4: MSD ignition, 3.42 gears: 14.89 seconds
Vehicle 5: Bone stock (for reference): 15.61 seconds

Must be the tracks, because all the stockers and slightly modded ones still barely creep into the 14's. Oh well its now my buddys car and he is dumping 8K into it. It better get 12's when its done.:D

well...

An SS is rated at low 15's...not 14's and definetly not mid 14's. The Merc im sure is a high 14 sec car, which makes it a good run for a lac :)

Back