My best so far

which turbo can help me picking up the .68 needed and just by changing the turbo will be enough??

First and foremost, you need data to tune with.

Data, data, data.

Get a Powerlogger, a wideband and a lightweight laptop to connect it to. Learn to read the data it provides. It's not very hard and there are plenty of people here and in the community that can/will help/teach you to understand it.

Without data, you're just throwing darts (or parts) at a moving target.

Last edited:
First and foremost, you need data to tune with.

Data, data, data.

Get a Powerlogger, a wideband and a lightweight laptop to connect it to. Learn to read the data it provides. It's not very hard and there are plenty of people here and in the community that can/will help/teach you to understand it.

Without data, you're just throwing darts (or parts) at a moving target.

Oh, and for you youngsters, there's the Gauge style piece that will connect and help you tune via Bluetooth to your smart phone.

which turbo can help me picking up the .68 needed and just by changing the turbo will be enough??
Youre not taking off nearly 3/4 of a second with just a turbo. Youre going to have to push the engine a lot harder to get there. Weve had a couple 10 sec unopened except for valve springs. They had 62 turbos and manifold pressures were in the mid to high 30's in average air. Its probably possible to go mid 10's but everything would have to be right. The car would have to leave hard, be lighter, air perfect, tune on the money.

your not getting it,no turbo will do that on the stocker you need to turn the boost and timing up on your 44.i ran 10s with ta49 a long time ago,if you are stuck on only running 23psi you wont go faster unless you lighten the car and or run more timing.

your not getting it,no turbo will do that on the stocker you need to turn the boost and timing up on your 44.i ran 10s with ta49 a long time ago,if you are stuck on only running 23psi you wont go faster unless you lighten the car and or run more timing.
I've read that a te44 at 25psi is neer at is max this is why I though that a new turbo would help me to go in the 10
and as for the data I only have a scanmaster, the wideband is my next buy

I've read that a te44 at 25psi is neer at is max this is why I though that a new turbo would help me to go in the 10
and as for the data I only have a scanmaster, the wideband is my next buy
your using all that 113mph.11.6 is right around the area where the stock stuff at full weight can give you plenty of time playing with it.low 11s and running high 10s on the stock motor is really putting the squeeze on it.if your ready to break it/wear it out faster,the car will need to 60ft in the 1.4 range and run 118/120mph in the 1/4.boost,higher timing with the right afr,good traction,with the understanding that the car needs to 60/330 like an animal otherwise you will be running 11.50s at 118mph.

your using all that 113mph.11.6 is right around the area where the stock stuff at full weight can give you plenty of time playing with it.low 11s and running high 10s on the stock motor is really putting the squeeze on it.if your ready to break it/wear it out faster,the car will need to 60ft in the 1.4 range and run 118/120mph in the 1/4.boost,higher timing with the right afr,good traction,with the understanding that the car needs to 60/330 like an animal otherwise you will be running 11.50s at 118mph.

11.50. That's very, very respectable unopened stocker.

yes it is.but my point is it can be done on less mph and op could get alot more play time,before break time;)

His sixty foot time is a big part of his goal. Not sure he's going to be able to trim that down on a stock suspension without a LOT of seat time. That will almost certainly = "break time" unless he has some serious real time guidance.

I'm not trying to rain on the parade, just saying that before he throws parts at the car, learn to drive it from a dig. There's no better fix to improving a time slip than a good 60 foot time.

60ft makes and breaks ET Do you have a Translator? Turbo Tweak and Bailey chips can add timing in 1st and 2nd that could help the 60 and 330. But you have to monitor knock closely. Practice and data so you can see what works/what don't.