My Car Was Just Stolen!!!!

motor pic

Attachments

• Cutlass new engine 010.jpg
    Cutlass new engine 010.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 605
No. I am sure it's locked up somewhere. Too many eyes out there and nobody has seen anything yet.
I hope to get whatever I can back. I took it down to nothing before, I can do it again.
When I see some of the other recovered rides on here, I think " I could fix that" or " I took mine down to that point". I did everything but take the body off the frame.

ttt
Hopefully something is found soon.
When I was putting it together I called it "Patches" due to all the primer and mismatched colors. This time maybe I will call it "Phoenix".

Some dumb kid just called me asking about the car. I have it listed on Craigslist as beeing stolen, etc. He says "I'm calling about the stolen Cutlass" Yeah... "Is it really stolen?" Yeah... "Is it really only a dollar?" Look I posted looking for info on my car as it says, do you have any info? "Is it really only a dollar?" I told him it was serious and to go F**** off if he didn't have any info. If the little punk was standing in front of me.... my full anger at the thief was just switched over to him:mad:

BTW, it's been a week today.
I will diligently keep my eye open for parts, etc.

maybe you should forward the punks phone # over to the police, might have something to do with it... and if anything they will scare the $hit outa him. and i hope you called them already about a stollen car

Blocked #....:rolleyes: Kharma will come back on them.
Anyways, yes, Police and Insurance have been called, as well as all the local Auto Theft Task Force's.

Well in about 45 minutes it will be my Birthday and my insurancce has finally settled. I got the call yesterday that I would have a check this week.

I want to say thanks to all those who kept their eyes open and sent pm's and called. It has been greatly appreciated and I hope to meet those of you that I haven't yet.

So to sum this whole thing up; the car was stolen in Sept and it's almost 6 months later now and it has never been recovered.
The insurance wanted to offer $2k first.

I found out that in CA the insured has the right to have their own appraisal done, even after the fact. So I did. In retro I should have had one done before.

The insurance co. had their own apprsl done and made an offer for $12k. This took about 2 1/2 months to get to this point.

I disagree as I had a larger apprsl so we enter into arbitration. Both appraisers have to submit their reports to a third appraiser who then submits his report to the others. He only needs a signature from one other appraiser and then forwards it to the insurance adjuster. They call this an award letter. His finding is pretty much binding when you enter into the arbitration process.

This last part took forever as the insurance company want's you to get tired of waiting and take the first offer. Between the insurance co. and their appraiser (bunch of thieving liars!) they added months onto this whole process.

Another important point;
If you feel you are being screwed around by your Insurance co call your state Insurance Commissioner!
I did and I think it may have helped speed this up, I know it got their attention as the Insurance Commissioner is responsible for licensing and follow up on legal process.

Final value; $18k Appraiser costs $700.

Lessons learned;
Have an appraisal done when you get your car insured.
Have your special car insured with one of the collector car insurance and get Agreed Value!

Insurance company's have a nice customer service face but a real nasty mean side when it comes to claims.

sorry to hear about your car.

As for printing the vehicle, it is very difficult (contrary to what CSI says) to obtain fingerprints from a vehicle. About the only places prints can be obtained from are the windows and any smooth surface like metal or smooth plastic. Steering wheels, dashes, door panels generally are grained and therefore leave lots of "holes" in the print. There are techniques out there that are not available to the patrol officer. They are extremely expensive and require lots of man hours. Generally reserved for larger agencies with high profile crimes against people (i.e. murder, rape, assault, kidnapping, etc).

Sometimes it is impossible to pull prints (i.e. surface is dirty, wet, oily (aka armour all). I know it is too late now, but just wanted you to know.

Hope your next toy is just as nice and with sometime of effective anti-theft system.

Listen I was involved in an auto accident, ((I was walking across the street) and I found out ins companies are the worse... Ita all bs and scams w them.. Good luck...

I want to make a poor man's theft setup, where the cigarette lighter is modified to become a fusible link of sorts. Like the lighter has to be plugged into the socket for it to start. Then just take the lighter with you when you leave. They'll never think that the missing lighter is the reason it wont start. Maybe link it up to the fuel pump relay and the starter solenoid.
Sorry to hear about what happened. I keep my car in the garage every night. If I hadnt, theres no doubt it would have been stolen like 20 times already. I live in a ghettoburbia type neighborhood and my car is the talk of the area. All the gang bangers and wannabe gang bangers and pretty much every guy driving down my street eyes my car like a hawk. Several times Ive had guys pull right up to my driveway, look at my car and then when I say something they take off....its happened SEVERAL times. My 99 cobra was stolen when it was 6 months old. They couldnt get it started so they pushed it with another car down the street, smashing up the rear bumper cover and scratching the paint all over. Couldnt find my car for a week and it turned out it was on MY street, like 3 miles down...which I dont get cause I drove down that street looking for it.

I had my 03 Camaro SS with a setup like that with the lighter. Push in to start (unworking lighter of course) and remove to act as a kill switch.

Those brake lock setups work well to. The ones that attach to ur brake. Anything can be stolen but those two ideas seem to work quite well. Getting the car in neutral will difficult with the brake lock to push it. Hooking the car up to a tow truck is another story.

This will be going on my car this year: Ravelco

Ravelco Anti-Theft System - GM High-Tech Performance Magazine

Btw, millions of these units have been sold.

to answer the above question..... T Type:biggrin:
When I was at a Goodguys show bs'ing with the Nor Cal GN guys I realized despite this I really wanted another.
Deputydawg thanks fo rthe clarification on the prints thing.

Wow....sorry to hear about the loss,also dealing with the insurance company is a pain. I have had stuff stolen from me and I know it sucks. It looks like you had a lot of money in that car, you werent joking about the stereo either, that stuff is old school but ALOT of money still. good luck on your next car.

Hey everyone please keep an eye out for my Cutlass it is painted like a 442 and is GN powered. It is Burgundy and Silver. plates are CA Ocean plates with the whale tail # "TRBO442". Has Americam Racing Salt Flat wheels.
It was stolen from the Target parking lot in Vacaville this morning between 7am and 10:30am.
Vacaville is between Sacramento and San Francisco so it could be almost anywhere now.
Call me on my cell if you see or hear anything.
707-592-2543
JASON

I'm really sorry to hear about this:( It's the most horrible feeling. I live out here on the East Coast, but I will keep an eye out for it anyway. You have my sympathy, buddy.:( You know, right after my late Dad had his '87 GN repainted, some pieces of trash stole it out of the parking lot of the Chesapeke Bay Seafood house. My father was just crushed. We thought we'd never see it again...but:eek: ,one month later the cops found it in a real bad area of the town parking lot. Towed it to the impound...Dad had to pay $250 to get it back. He said he didn't care what they did to it...as long as it started and got him up to top speed in an instant. It did...with a screwdriver to start it. The pieces of trash had broken the steering column, ripped out the horn button/center section of the steering wheel,busted the trunk lock, busted the passenger door lock, poked through the back seat cushion, took the radio, busted the glovebox door. And wrecked the right rear quarter panel, took all the emblems off, and tinted the windows, took off all GN wheels and put on '87 Turbo aluminum wheels...and in the rear tunnel, cut into the carpet, one bag of crack cocaine with a needle, and a few rap, hip-hop, Biggie Smalls trash CDs. Nice, huh? I repaired a lot of things on it for Dad so he could enjoy it. (steering column, radio, etc.) Two years later before he died, Dad gave the '87 to me...I have since been fixing everything a little at a time. Coming alone real well, only real big thing now is the quarter panel. And I'm replacing the old stuff with NOS stuff as I go along. So, maybe you might get yours back, bud. I'm hoping for you to. You know, thieves used to get HUNG for stealing others transportation, (horses)...and I think it's about time we return to the same punishment today. And I'll buy everyone the rope. God, this makes me furious!:mad: At least Dad got his favorite toy back, more than what happens to most. For that alone, I'm grateful for, to see that smile again on his face, so there's some hope somewheres. Sorry, hearing what happened to you really got me stewed.:mad: :mad: I will say this...I go out to the locked garage everynight with my .357 pointed straight ahead...to check on my cars. Everynight without fail. I swear I'll empty my gun if I ever find pieces of trash in the garage anywhere!:mad: Hell of a way to be.

Bruce '87 Grand National