My Car Was Just Stolen!!!!

Good point

These darned cars, I could teach a 3 year old how to break into it.

BTW, I would think someone knew you or knew about the car and it's drivetrain, otherwise they would be stealing a 307 Olds 442, and that sound pretty daring for the reward.

Very good point.

Someone tried to steal it once before from the apts I lived at when it had the NA v6. Neighbor seen them trying to slim jim it and yelled at them. They took off but came back later and stole my sister's Astro van. They broke into the truck next to it to get tools to steal it. Found the van 2 weeks later in Oakland.

Someone tried to steal it once before from the apts I lived at when it had the NA v6. Neighbor seen them trying to slim jim it and yelled at them. They took off but came back later and stole my sister's Astro van. They broke into the truck next to it to get tools to steal it. Found the van 2 weeks later in Oakland.

Yeah, you are in an area where ALL G-bodies are hot commodities, I forgot about that. I hope you get it back sooner rather than later.

Sorry to hear man. I have a Ravelco on my car. Doesn't stop a tow truck, but good luck getting it started.

A friend of my Cousins thought they seen it driving around downtown but I think it may have been another one in town that is all burgundy. I left my number with the local businesses and did a thorugh search.
BTW, the car did have a kill switch.
The security cameras at work barely catch the car. A small pickup pulls up next to it then about 5 minutes later my car is gone, truck is still there, unlocked windos down, tools inside. Maintenance guy for the shopping center says he seen the truck and a guy around it and my car.
First I hope to find my car, but I am also thinking about suing work as they tell us to park our cars there where they can be watched, safe, etc.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: That is the $hittiest feeling ive had concerning a car. Happened to me 10 years ago with one of my GN's. I never got it back. Hope you have better luck. Id look in the truck since you have nothing to lose and see if you can find something that will lead you to your car or the scum bag who stole it. You will have no luck suing your employer since they are not responsible for someone elses actions. You are free to park where you want since they cant make you park in a certain area. Once about 6 years ago i took one of my TR's to my place of employment and parked in the front row where i could watch the car. One of the a$$hole managers saw me and told me to move the car and i laughed in her face. She sent me home. When i came in the next day they tried to document it and told me not to do it again. I said i will park where i please and you cant do a damn thing about it. They had to pay me for the prior day also since i was sent home for no good reason. I thought it was total BS since im not a troublemaker and didnt suck my way to the top like most of them did. That bitch hadnt realized i lost one 3 years earlier. I would have paid $1k for someone to steal her POS just to see the look on her stupid face. If you catch him cut his hands off and poke his eyes out. Then ask if he will ever steal again. Even hearing someone elses story 10 years later gets my blood boiling.

I know the work thing is a stretch but they do tell us to park over there daily and tell us it's more secure and they have a camera on our vehicles. Apparently except for the last row which is the first row we are supposed to park in. In the video you see the white truck pull up and circle, then a few minutes later you don't see my front fender then you see it drive off away from the camera and store.
Turns out the white truck was stolen from a Park and Ride in town. They only put a few miles on it (and made sure to go to McDonalds). They didn't take anything but some otc meds.
Well I have been posting this all over the place so hopefully someone will still recognize my car when it's up on blocks and call.
Preferrably, I still hope someone has to "protect" themselves. I will gladly fix a few holes or change out glass if someone gets their just rewards.:mad:

I'm sorry to hear that happened too you that is an awful feeling. :frown: Welcome to the cub. :mad:

If you find the guy can we all fly up there and take turns with a baseball bat while placing bets?

Unfortunately all we have in this town is places to eat and shop. There are 4 different McDonalds and no bag/receipt. The cops didn't even try to print the truck. Said it was too dirty. Funny thing is our 88 GMC was printed when the cd player was stolen:confused:

Soooo.....

Sorry to hear the thief got away!!!:mad: :mad: Welcome to the club:frown: Hope yours gets returned! and w/o damage.:)

Heres how much the cops care about your stolen car-
When mine was stolen, that night I had parked it in the neighbors parking spot (next door apt) because someone living there was parked in my spot. There were several times over the previous 6 months or so when this drunk/high gang banger came next door screaming at the top of his lungs and trying to kick her door down for like 20 minutes. He had the cops called on him several times. I guess she left this guy and hooked up with someone else and got pregnant and he couldnt deal with it, so he kept coming back, threatening her and her new boyfriend. So I park in this chicks spot cause she was in mine. Whats totally apparent as day, is that this guy saw my car in her spot and thought Im mr. new boyfriend guy, and steals the car. The way he did it proved to me he was not a professional car thief. He had no idea what he was doing which is why he blew the whole electrical system out and never got it started. When they found the car, the theives had left their tools in it, but not good enough to pull prints. The printing crew was there, and the whole back side of my car was covered in full, complete hand prints...BEAUTIFUL prints. Not smudged or smeared or anything....it was from them pushing my car. One of the cops pulling the prints...I said one thing to them...I asked him "so do they look like good prints that can be read pretty easily?" He responded with "stay away from me, go stand over there and leave me alone". Cant understand why every time Ive ever had something bad happen and call a cop, Im always the one treated like the thief. 90% of the time they're total ass holes. They put a detective on the case, and he asked me a couple questions, but they never looked into ****. I got my car back and they could care less who did it, even with complete hand and finger prints everywhere and a clear as day suspect.
This isnt like CSI where they pull a fingerprint off a eyelash and use military GPS to track the guy who stole a milkshake from mcdonalds. They dont care about justice AT ALL....these are only files that get opened that they desperately want to close. When I was 15, I confessed to something I didnt do and got a misdemeanor record. I spent 2 hours telling the cop I didnt steal the purse (my friend stole a kidnergarten teachers purse), but I wouldnt tell him my friend did it. My friend's dad was a raging violent alcoholic and used to beat my 16 year old best friend up 5 nights a week..like broken ribs, tailbone sticking out, black eyes, internal bleeding kind of beating up. If he got in trouble for this, he probably would have been murdered or close to it by his dad, so I took the rap. What sucks is that I found out my friend told them it was me that did it. Gotta love friendship. So after 2 hours of saying I didnt do it, the cop just keeps on beating on me until I say "ok I did it" and that was it. He could care less about reality. Cops on TV usually are super intelligent and wise and know when someone is giving a false confession and always know the real story behind the bull****. In real life they just want to slap someone with the charges and close the case and move on.

I have to agree with VadersV6 on L.A. cops. I used to live down there and they could care less.

I have to agree with VadersV6 on L.A. cops. I used to live down there and they could care less.

They have all types down here. Most of them hate everyone and have no qualms about showing it. Its not as bad as pre-rodney king though. Back then it was REAL bad, and it had nothing to do with race. Im white and me and all my white friends used to get brutally harassed on a regular basis. The city I lived in 10-15 years ago...75% of the entire police force was fired for testing positive for meth, lol, and the adjacent city's cops got along pretty well with the crips...like drug dealing stuff. My friend in that city got taken to the mountains and beat up and left for dead with a couple others, all for asking the cop why he got pulled over. I had many scary situations. These people were like demon possessed. I remember one of the times I had a gun in my face, was for a license plate light being out. Late 90's, early 90's was REAL REAL bad. One of the most notoriously corrupt cops in my area got in trouble for beating up the wrong person, and got promoted to detective in another city. My uncle was visiting the family, and I had never been in a V-8 car before and I asked him to take me for a ride in his 67 camaro....he floored it up to 40mph. The car wasnt even loud or real fast. We got pulled over and I watched the cop beat my uncle up for it. And my uncle was totally kissing his ass. My friend went on a ride-along in the same city, and there was this one call where this guy had crashed his motorcycle. They found the guy and he was really really hurt. Like big chunks of femur on the asphalt and blood everywhere..bones snapped all over. The cops sat there and laughed at him and mocked him and poked the guy with their batons..they were making fun of him because he was crying. I have so many stories its ridiculous...

I will keep eyes on the road out here in the South. I doubt it would be down here but G-Bodies are real popular out here too.

BTW, my 86 T-Type was stolen when I was deployed in 1994/95. I feel your pain. :mad: I'm still sick over it and have a framed picture of her in my office...:frown:

Hope they catch those bastards. Maybe they'll end up misplaced somewhere in the desert...;)

best of luck on the return of your car. I can't imagine living in south Ca. sounds like the cops are as bad as the thieves. my son lives south of Miami Fl.
and he says the situation is similar. our prayers are with you!

I hate theives

I am sorry about your loss and i hope you get your car back good luck to ya..

Here are some of the parts in case anyone sees anything start to show up at swap meets, etc.

Hurst Olds front spoiler

Monte Carlo SS trunk spoiler

Flush mount headlights from an 87 that I grafted onto the early header panel.

It has 17" American Racing Salt Flat Special wheels which are unique in that the spokes and openings and outer rim have been polished while the rest is left gray. These wheels only come full polish or gray center with just the outer rim polished. ALso has knockoffs and the rear tires are 315/35/17 Nitto Drag Radials.

Lightning Rod shifters; if anyone see's someone trying to sell these let me know, they probably have access to the car. Not very many of these around especially loose from the car.

Grand National engine. I painted the engine gold when I installed it and the valve covers are a champagne with the inserts on the fins painted burgundy. Intake manifold is painted burgundy.

Stereo System; McIntosh cd player, Nakamichi amps, Diamond Audio and Focal speakers. This stuff especially the cd player aren't very common. The cd player looks like a stock radio so they probably think it's nothing special. If you see one for sale for less than $500 then it's stolen and they don't know what they have.

PTS 2004r transmission.

A Liquid intercooler (boxed up stocker) with a Dutweiler neck.
SMC Alky kit