My Car Was Just Stolen!!!!

olds443

Hey everyone please keep an eye out for my Cutlass it is painted like a 442 and is GN powered. It is Burgundy and Silver. plates are CA Ocean plates with the whale tail # "TRBO442". Has Americam Racing Salt Flat wheels.
It was stolen from the Target parking lot in Vacaville this morning between 7am and 10:30am.
Vacaville is between Sacramento and San Francisco so it could be almost anywhere now.
Call me on my cell if you see or hear anything.
707-592-2543
JASON

a picture

Attachments

• Cutlass small.JPG
    Cutlass small.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,094
this is scary stuff....I'm almost glad my car is broke right now, because it would take a pack of super strong thieves to get my car off the jacks and then push it on to a flat bed to get it from my driveway.

good luck and I hope you get it back, intact!

I want to make a poor man's theft setup, where the cigarette lighter is modified to become a fusible link of sorts. Like the lighter has to be plugged into the socket for it to start. Then just take the lighter with you when you leave. They'll never think that the missing lighter is the reason it wont start. Maybe link it up to the fuel pump relay and the starter solenoid.
Sorry to hear about what happened. I keep my car in the garage every night. If I hadnt, theres no doubt it would have been stolen like 20 times already. I live in a ghettoburbia type neighborhood and my car is the talk of the area. All the gang bangers and wannabe gang bangers and pretty much every guy driving down my street eyes my car like a hawk. Several times Ive had guys pull right up to my driveway, look at my car and then when I say something they take off....its happened SEVERAL times. My 99 cobra was stolen when it was 6 months old. They couldnt get it started so they pushed it with another car down the street, smashing up the rear bumper cover and scratching the paint all over. Couldnt find my car for a week and it turned out it was on MY street, like 3 miles down...which I dont get cause I drove down that street looking for it.

wow. sorry to hear this. i hope you get her back in one piece.

Sorry to hear this. Hope it's in one piece when it's found.

One of the best security systems is when you have a multi wire disconnect plug that when removed the thief will have to decipher what wire goes where to make the car start. All the wires are the same color so its very difficult to figure out. It can be as small as a drink cap and hang on your key chain. I forget who sells them.

A "neat" mod..

One of the best security systems is when you have a multi wire disconnect plug that when removed the thief will have to decipher what wire goes where to make the car start. All the wires are the same color so its very difficult to figure out. It can be as small as a drink cap and hang on your key chain. I forget who sells them.

to that system, is a # of C-4 wired to one of the combos of wires. they pick the wrong pair, and there's nothing but "nuts, guts, and feathers" left!!:eek:

Hope there's a special place in Hell for thieves, especially car thieves.

LoJack is in my wifes BMW, but not my GN. While it's a little expensive up front, with insurance discounts, it pays for itself eventually. Getting the car back within an hour or two is key to getting it back in one piece.... or getting it back at all.

Bummer

Man hope you recover your car , very nice lookin car. Know the feeling it's sickening to come out and see that your car ain't where you last parked it.

Ughh, hopefully they/you find it soon. It should stand out. Maybe try and do what that Bullit Mustang owner in Florida did a while back. Get a local race board involved with the hunt. Good luck. :( :)

:( :( sad to hear, that's a rear looking car i'd make awhole bunch of picks and fax it or hand it out to as many police officers and police dept auto theft units. good luck.

What would be cool would be a pouch in the steering wheel, filled with arsenic that blows up in the face of the thief...but knowing me, Id probably trigger the thing while installing it and kill myself.

A friend of my Cousins thought they seen it driving around downtown but I think it may have been another one in town that is all burgundy. I left my number with the local businesses and did a thorugh search.
BTW, the car did have a kill switch.
The security cameras at work barely catch the car. A small pickup pulls up next to it then about 5 minutes later my car is gone, truck is still there, unlocked windos down, tools inside. Maintenance guy for the shopping center says he seen the truck and a guy around it and my car.
First I hope to find my car, but I am also thinking about suing work as they tell us to park our cars there where they can be watched, safe, etc.

Ravelco is I what you I think you are hinting at. I had one installed on my old T-type. You keep the cap for it on your key chain and it has to be plugged in for the car to start.

Ravelco Anti Theft Device

Very sorry to hear about the theft olds443, will be hoping you get it back soon, and all together. That's definitely a really nice ride.

Pickup

So the pickup that the guy drove up in and left was it stolen? Probably was, did the police check it for prints ,run the plates, registration. Sounds like your bright Maintenance guy unknowingly watched your car get stolen. Some people miss the obvious. If it looked suspicious why didn't the guy have enough sense to call security or police. Of coarse it sounds like they been scoping your car out for awhile drove right up to it. Even if the shopping center has security that cruises the parking lot, car thieves can figure out when they make their rounds as it takes less then a minute to bust up the cylinder(channel locks) and turn the ignition on with a screwdriver. Man that is a bummer and pisses me offf just knowing it could have probably been stopped , most people are in condition white unaware of their surroundings much less what's going on.

What would be cool would be a pouch in the steering wheel, filled with arsenic that blows up in the face of the thief...but knowing me, Id probably trigger the thing while installing it and kill myself.

VadersV6, man u cracked a big laugh in me !! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hope u recover it in 1 piece.

These darned cars, I could teach a 3 year old how to break into it.

BTW, I would think someone knew you or knew about the car and it's drivetrain, otherwise they would be stealing a 307 Olds 442, and that sound pretty daring for the reward.