My competition is getting faster

The MTs I run are a tad over 27" tall and I 1.65 60'ed with them. That is def the key to winning a drag race. My car picks up 1.5 tenths at the end for every 1 tenth in the first 60'. I started locking the converter and that helped mph a lot. I think 28" tires would be even better. All with a 44 on stock heads and 75lb valve springs. I just keep it below 5k rpms where it's happy.

I still dont see 28in tires picking up ET..maybe MPH a lil more but I would think youd lose 60 ft & def have to compensate for it..hoosier made a 27in tire which might work better & less chances of tearing into your 1/4 panel...as far as the stock intercooler thing,,yeah im sure you can go 10's with one but what could you pick up once you switch to a good one?..I went from a stock intercooler to a front mount & picked up several tenths in the 8th mile..didnt do anything different either..how the heck will a bigger sway bar help I would love to know..maybe the driving but not ET..but what do I know I havent tried any of them..
From what i have heard it will help keep the car level on the launch...less tire spin i would guess

Spent some time in the garage this weekend messing around with tires…fun, fun. Anyway after reading Lethal v6 comment about the corvette rally wheel he uses hit home. I have a 67 Camaro with the 15x8 rallies on it so I pulled one off and put it on the GN and it fit perfect. It has the 255/60-15 bfg on them and there was still plenty of clearance! So I think the 275/60-15 MTs will be a perfect fit. That would get me to the 28inch tire everyone has recommended. I will let everyone know how things turn out at the track!

When do you plan on going to the track? I am interested in hearing your new times with a 28" and some tuning....you can still hit a high to mid 11's pas on 26"s but the 28"s will help. The biggest help factor is getting your 60' foots better more timing and boost. I would make sure you get that tune right you should hit 11.5 or better on 25# plus and I would make sure you were running close to that before you setup next to that vette. If your boss is in an '08 vette with exhaust/tune and tires he is gonna run a mid 11....(if he can drive) at 120 I have a guy near me with an '08 auto CAI and and a tune with exhaust the car ran 11.7@120

I think I am going to slip out there today (still warm in the mid 80s) and test and tune a little. I won’t have my 28’s on there yet but I will beat on the 26 MT and it will give me a chance to get some baseline numbers with my new changes. Which include air bags, s-10 cylinders, long shoes and a powerlogger. I am hoping to see and improvement in the 60 foot time now that I can hold 10psi on the line. My boss has a heavy foot and like to dump the clutch...i would be suprised if he was to hook up on street tires.

well if your car holds 10psion the launch (it should) and you stick you should have a 1.7-1.6 60 foot and as long as your tune is you that should net you a high 11's sec pass. If your boss shows up on street tires then not to worry he is gonna mph around 118 but you will get there first :)

well if your car holds 10psion the launch (it should) and you stick you should have a 1.7-1.6 60 foot and as long as your tune is you that should net you a high 11's sec pass. If your boss shows up on street tires then not to worry he is gonna mph around 118 but you will get there first :)

The corvette won't be there tonight...the 08 cobra will be. And it will be dressed in street rubber too. Not only that, it is his very first time to the track. i will have to teach him how to beat me..LOL

Any info from last nights run ?
I was hoping everyone forgot about that….First off the PL would stop recording for some reason before the run was over. Then I could not see the keyboard because of the crappy lighting in our cars…great for making out but not worth a damn for typing in passwords and saving files. I will fix that first! Had too much air in the bags 7 driver/ 14 pass and blew the tires off of it on the first run…an ugly 12.6. Second run reduce pressure in the bags and took the tire down to 16psi, spun the tires for maybe ten feet or so which was better but sill ran a 1.9 60FT. Third run the guy in front of me decided that I need some help with my 60 foot time too. He emptied a quart of his engine oil on to the track through his leaky dipstick which was an un pleasant experience for me as well. I never got to adjust timing or mess with boost pressure either. Low 12 are not letting me go. The one positive thing that happened is that a couple of ricers now know what a Grand National is.

i know you said you were not able to record your run but do you have a scan master? If so were you able to look at it as you were making a pass....mostly at your mv's? What are the mv's? are you possibly too fat. I know my car the first couple pass I was running 820 mv's and the car ran 12.0-12.30 then I leaned it out a bit via the TT chip to around780 mv's and the car went 11.70 just by that small adjustment...then 2 more psi and a degree of timing and 11.5 my point being is I dont have a PL and this is what I did as I made my run and it seemed to work pretty good.

i know you said you were not able to record your run but do you have a scan master? If so were you able to look at it as you were making a pass....mostly at your mv's? What are the mv's? are you possibly too fat. I know my car the first couple pass I was running 820 mv's and the car ran 12.0-12.30 then I leaned it out a bit via the TT chip to around780 mv's and the car went 11.70 just by that small adjustment...then 2 more psi and a degree of timing and 11.5 my point being is I dont have a PL and this is what I did as I made my run and it seemed to work pretty good.

I was able to watch the run and even recorded part of it. My biggest problem was during the 10psi launch that I was getting 15 degrees of knock that I have never had before. Time for some new motor mounts? Downpipe is close the frame. The mv’s were in the 730s range at the end of the ¼ ,boost @ 23lbs ….did not touch the timing.

texas 730's mv is just to lean at the end of the 1/4.if you are going to play around and want to get the most out of the combo without the headgasket tester,put a wideband on the car.

texas 730's mv is just to lean at the end of the 1/4.if you are going to play around and want to get the most out of the combo without the headgasket tester,put a wideband on the car.
I know I need one….that will be next. By the way the 730mv I said I was running was actually 730 o2v, is that the same thing?

The tie down strap is old school and has the potential to cause False KR. HR Motor mounts are much better

I agree with all the guys saying don't change anything...just work on your tune and 60' and you'll smoke 'em all....

I personally spend a lot of time with SPOOLFOOL2 before I go to the track. We make runs on the street (safely and responsibly of course) tweaking my tune using my Directscan data and getting it track ready.
He had me running 11.6's my first time to the track with a build similar to yours on 28" tires at 22lbs of boost and 60' in the 1.6s. That was using my old TA-61 Turbo

My last time to the track with the combo below, I ran my 11.14 at 122 with no other changes other than running 24lbs with the turbo upgrade (after I killed my old TA61) and tuning for it. Could have easily gone into th 10.90's with more boost at the line and nothing else, but the track had gone away by the end of the day so the 11.14 was my best.
My rear control arms are boxed stockers and I have airbags. I was running 275/60/15 MT's on OE wheels and front street tires on OE wheels....I dismembered a nicely tuned low 11 and slick/skinny wearing GT500 in the process....see the link in my sig for the video.

As an alternative to the torque strap or HR motor mounts...check out RJC's rear engine brace. Easy to install and cheaper than the motor mounts by a large stretch...I'll be getting one to replace my torque strap before my next trip to the track.

If you ever do decide to change the cam...I say GO ROLLER... buy a used roller cam and lifter set-up if you can score one...that's what I did...
Rollers don't go bad easily so used is OK....I've got a lot of brutal miles on mine and no issues and it wakes up the motor on the top...lots more breathing.....

Thanks for the input Chicken and everyone else. I have assembled a plan with everyone’s help and it pertains mostly to testing and a few parts.

1) 15”wheels and 275/60-15 Mickey Thompsons Et
2) Engine brace
3) Practice/and bag pressure
4) Timing and boost adjustments
5) Mount for my laptop (building it now)and a light
6) Driveshaft loop
7) Roller cam and head work (this winter maybe)

By the way the GT-500 that went out there with me was not an issue…yet. I was gone! After the beating I administered he been shopping. LOL Even at a 65 mph roll on the back roads headed to the track the GN walk away from it easily. Just got to get those 60 ft. times down and eliminate the KR on the first to second shift. The Corvette is still pending……….Thanks