My custom aluminun turbo shield

Hello peoples; Nice job and nice pics. IMO I would weld it up and get rid of the rivets. That took talent to bend it up and it will also take talent to weld it up.
IBBY

i actually think the rivets give it some character

As nice as the shield is, it pales in comparison to his boost activated intercooler scoop. Now THAT is some nice work.

Thanks Guys.

I went with rivets because they give it that aircraft feel and they're cheap. Honestly, the whole thing is made with about fifty cents worth of materials. It's just costs time. If I get the time, I'll make a blueprint of how to make one. As of right now I've got about 8 people asking me to make these things. "If" I decide to do a run of them, I'd sell them through one of our venders, and I'd post it here.

Look for a few new projects in the future.:)

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Im not a fan of turbo shields at all myself. But, that one is in a league all by itself and if I ever decide to get another TR I most certainly will have one of those. It gives it a custom sleeper look. You should market that. Im sure they would sell like hot cakes. The RAW look makes it look custom. I would not powdercoat that either.

But I agree with your first post - the turbo is almost too pretty to cover up.
But the finished sheild is very cool.
I admire the engine bay in general.
Very businesslike, functional, yet clean looking.

Thanks. I guess I'm not a big fan of chrome. I try and look at the whole picture too. If you have some good looking stuff but it doesn't look good together, IMO, it looks like crap. I would say that this holds true with looking good AND going fast. It's best to have a well thought out plan. Then take your time, have fun and be willing to think outside the box to reach your goals.

Mike Barnard