You can type here any text you want

My Deatschwerks double pumper

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jpwalt1987

Well today I tackled a project that I have been thinking about for a long time. After figuring out that the billet coupler wouldnt work I went to three different hardware stores to get the fittings I needed. I got a 1/4 NPT T fitting, a 1/4npt to 3/8 compression fitting, two 90* street elbows and two 1/4NPT- 3/8 barb fittings. I had to increase the depth of the pipe threads for everything to fit properly. I also had to shorten the hose barbs some so the overall height would be ok. To supply power to the extra pump I used an idea I saw on here using a nylon bolt and nut with a machine screw through it. It came out good but was a bit of work getting it to fit in the tank. I had to make several adjustments on both the position of the pumps and the angle of the brass fittings. I have about $200 in adding the second pump along with the fittings. Tomorrow I will do the wiring.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1381802076609.jpg
    1381802076609.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 508
  • 1381802091410.jpg
    1381802091410.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 508
  • 1381802100652.jpg
    1381802100652.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 495
  • 1381802110095.jpg
    1381802110095.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 488
That's cool. I might change this unit over to twin DW's. The 2 walbros have been good for a few years now but more is always better. I've heard that the aeromotive "340lph" pumps aren't great with E85....

A buddy of mine has built a unit for twin Walbro 416lph pumps but I haven't seen it yet.

I just have to ask.. What is it you are building that requires two DW's?

109 block w/ eagle 3.4 stroke crank, K1 rods, diamond pistons, 218/218 .540 lift billet roller cam, ported GN1 al. heads, Borgwarner 6668 turbo, PTE front mount, TT SD chip, 80s, Alkycontrol single nozzle kit, home built 3 1/2 dp, th400 trans. I am stuck at 26 psi of boost right now. The fuel correction starts adding a bit at anything higher. I will post a picture in a few minutes.

FYI, i had my 2 year old DW pump fail on me with under 1000 miles on it!!!!!

And yes, i'm the 3rd chi-town guy that this has happen too!!!

I may be having a DW pump going bad too.....Does anyone know when these came out & don't they come with a 3 year warranty? And for those of you that suffered a pump failure, did DW stand behind their warranty?

Lets not muck up the mans thread now children. Try and stay on track or start your own. :)

jpwalt, nice work! :cool:

Thanks for the compliments guys. As far as the dw pumps go, I have had one for about 2 years, half of that was with a Caspers volt booster. It has been good so far. The only reason I added the second one was that I am trying to increase the boost past 25psi. I didnt get around to wiring it today. I couldn't find any relays that I was happy with.

Does anyone know where I can get the style relays that Racetronix uses? I believe that they are Tyco but I cant find a good source for them. Thanks.

I looked at the stainless Y connector you show but its only 5/16ths on the outlet. I used 3/8ths sized stuff here and just stretched the 5/16ths hose over it. I figured it was better to have bigger outlet size. Surely a 3/8ths size with two 90* turns will outflow a single 5/16ths Y. I would think it flow plenty.

They also have a 3/8" Y for a few dollars more....

I can't remember what size y I used, but that eldon james y is a good piece.

Back