You can type here any text you want

My first 10 sec run

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WINDMILL

Well i got my first 10 sec run friday night. I dont run 1/4 mile much around here, only have one track close by. but the car has run better 1/8 mile tho. this is on drag radials too.
1.509--60ft
4.386--330
6.848--1/8
98.86-- mph
10.821--1/4
123.03--mph
also this is with the new PTC converter. its alittle tight on the the top end too. this is with 24 # boost

Congrats, looks like a mid to low 10sec car with slicks and more boost. 24psi with a turbo your size is just starting to get efficient. You have not scratched the surface yet with that turbo. turn it up, don't be scurred;)

Hey Windmill, did you do that at Steel? My brother saw a GN run in the 10s so it might have been you. Congrats on your first 10! Was that with that PT68?

hey

I't was me. It was with the 68 i got from you. I had the m/t drag radials on that night. I'll prob go back in 2 weeks to see if i can drop the er's some more. tell him to stop by.

Nice job Craig!! You have a lot more in it in 60' alone. You get that down to 1.42-1.45 and it will pick up almost .20 at big end. :biggrin:

Sully

chips

Just think steve i've got your old chips from 5 years ago. hahaha
A good chip would pick it up a bunch prob.

Just think steve i've got your old chips from 5 years ago. hahaha
A good chip would pick it up a bunch prob.

Which one are you running? They were all good chips though. Not sure there is anything much better without upgrading ECM. :biggrin:

chips

i've been running the 106 reds chip. they are for 72 lbs. the other is for 93 gas

Nice going Craig. I was curious how that PTC was going to work out for.

ptc

The converter works real good on the low end,but its coming around on the high end now. Thinking it needs more power to it.
Dusty did a good job setting the converter up:biggrin: I'm going to turn up the wick this week to see if it likes it or not. I'm still looking for some 6.5s in the 1/8 mile on drag radials. I think it has the et's in it.

No doubt it needs more boost. Like Sully said, those 106's need the boost because they don't have much timing.

Throw 28-30psi at it. Doesnt seem too tight based on the numbers so far. They look really good. Working good down low. What is your shift rpm, and rpm drop? What about slip up top?

Congrats! I've been trying to put my car in that ET/MPH range since I bought it 8 years ago. Maybe this year will be the year.......

Jim

shift

i'm shifting at 6200. the rpms drop 1400 on the powerlogger. i'm shifting right at the mph cone at the 1/8 mile. (thats into 3rd gear).

i'm shifting at 6200. the rpms drop 1400 on the powerlogger. i'm shifting right at the mph cone at the 1/8 mile. (thats into 3rd gear).
Id try shifting at 5800-5900. I think your a little over the peak. Thats a lot of drop. Is it a p-trim or bigger wheel? What stator is it?

Back