You can type here any text you want

My GN after a day of polishing and waxing. Original paint.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Here is my car at the shop...

imagejpeg_3.jpg
imagejpeg_6-1.jpg
imagejpeg_7-1.jpg

I know that i am going to have to go that route when i paint my car but i know that i will not like it. Phoneguy, are you painting the door jambs/trunk area,etc?

No jambs, the inside of the trunk lid looks new. I told the guy not to touch the inside of the trunk lid.

Bryan

Actual cost= $0.00

My wifes cousin owns 13 DuPont paint stores, I have done all of his voice/data cabling and phone system hardware for about 16 years free of charge. He owes me...
I would think the cost would be around 9k-11k but that is just a guess, I have never priced the cost of doing this elsewhere.

Bryan

That is awesome. I checked their website but did not see a price for the 150. Any ideas?

I was afraid of that. I guess i'll be showing off my checkered paint for a while.
Local shop here in Illinois charged me $500 per body panel to paint my dark red TR. So that was $1500 to paint the trunk, roof, hood and front clip. Stripped it to bare metal, used PPG paint, wet sand, buff. I think you should just paint the hood/valence and leave the rest original.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
Even with the checking, It looks good. Knowing that it's original makes it cool in my book. It's only original once.:cool:

Nice ride.

Mike Barnard

Mike, thats what i say. Thats why i bought the car. Cause it was original paint even though it had checking. And it was in my budget. Thank you.

Back