You can type here any text you want

My goal...10's w/PT54 and unported heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
My best Friday was a 11.32:

Timeslip reads as follows:
1.66 60'
4.677 330'
7.224 1/8
96.4 mph
9.432 1000'
11.320 1/4
119.03 mph

Car wieghed 3650 with me in it Friday. I messed up and had a full tank of gas. I have a few things I might try next week.

I will get a video of the pass if I do it. Also, there are a few very credible people on this board that have seen and know my car.

My car usually picks up .16 seconds in the 1/4 for every .1 in the 60'. I am hoping to be in the 1.5's again. The track Friday was a skating rink, all the fast cars were having troubles (too many fwd's racing killed the line.) I am going to see if I can barrow some smaller wheels/tires for the front. I am using 235/60's now on ARE wheels. I am also thinking about taking the exhaust off for Friday. It is the SS ATR 3" dual exhaust w/ SS mufflers. I figure that alone may drop near 60 lbs or so.

I'll keep all posted!

Good luck, Kevin. I may be hitting the track with my stock motor car here in the next couple of weeks. My car has gone 11.30@118 with a 1.55 60ft. This was done at 27lbs of boost, 26 deg timing, through the exhaust, on 28x9 et drags, on stock GN wheels, in a full weight, loaded car. I think with some more boost, I can get into the high 10s.

Keep us posted ;)

mcponch said:
kevin i mailed you again. nothing. did you get my mail??? send me your e-mail address to. mcponch@juno.com PLEASE FRANK.
Frank, I emailed you back. My email has been kinda wierd lately. Let me know if it worked.

TURBOTIMMER said:
Good luck, Kevin. I may be hitting the track with my stock motor car here in the next couple of weeks. My car has gone 11.30@118 with a 1.55 60ft. This was done at 27lbs of boost, 26 deg timing, through the exhaust, on 28x9 et drags, on stock GN wheels, in a full weight, loaded car. I think with some more boost, I can get into the high 10s.

Keep us posted ;)
Thanks, and goodluck to you too! Looks like your T-61 car is very similar to mine. IfI can get a 1.5560' with these 28's, I will be very close to 11.1-11.2. I'll find out Friday if the rain holds out.

KevinB said:
Thanks, and goodluck to you too! Looks like your T-61 car is very similar to mine. IfI can get a 1.5560' with these 28's, I will be very close to 11.1-11.2. I'll find out Friday if the rain holds out.

I cant wait for friday, looking forward to your results

Me too keep us posted!

I predict an 11.16@120.8

Why is this even a debate? It's already been done time and time again. Guys like 1KWIK6, StangBanger, Qwickt, etc. have been there and done that.

norbs said:
With a 54 turbo?

No. I'll admit that I overlooked that part. :o

However, it has been done with a 61. A 54 should be able to pull it off with the right tune and weight.

We have 2local cars here with 54's and they have gone as fast as 11.3, switched one car to a 70 no other changes and one car as gone mid-high 10s with 24 psi boost instead of 28+ with the 54 and ported heads This is why i am saying its almost impossible to pull off......

HIPSI said:
However, it has been done with a 61. A 54 should be able to pull it off with the right tune and weight.

This is true, but with 2 fuel pumps and bigger injectors. I can only speak for myself. I'm assuming Kevin B is only running 1 pump only because it's not stated in his sig.

It looks like rain for the weekend here, so I'm going to plan for next Sunday.

I am going to see how much faster my PT51 will go. I think it's almost to it's HP limit. Then I'll just put my TE62 on and go from there. I believe the 51 will go 11.30's in this good air.

Tim let me know when we're hitting the track. I'm ready.

Good Luck Kevin I hope you get your number.

KevinB said:
Tonights update:
I used some 28" slicks that were pretty old...

Kevin,

How much rpm drop did you see thru the traps, going from the 26" to the 28" tires??

K.

Run 10's and i will send you a free mystery gift. Hows that for incentive?

norbs said:
Run 10's and i will send you a free mystery gift. Hows that for incentive?
That's cool, I'll send ya proof if i do! Unfortunately, looks like rain is in the forecast all weekend, so the suspense may have to wait till next week.

JCturbo, I am not sure on the rpm drop. I usually use DS to record all my runs, but last week my laptop took a dump on me. I relied on my trusty old Scanmaster and was paying too much attention to my o2's and boost to look at my tach.

WINDMILL said:
My gn has been 7.01 in the eighth mile with the mods below
54 turbo,atr f/m mild ported headsdone by me,208 cam, and non l/u convt with quick time pros with 1.60 sixty foot time spinning. p/s with a bad head gasket seeping.

What mph did it run?

I just ran 11.40's with a 61 (same as 54)untuned a week ago. No TCC and a crappy 1.6 60' through the muffs. This is not a very big deal to some people. The internet brings a lot of people together, but not all.....there are people out there going faster with less.

Your running the times I ran with a 49 turbo and fast Eddie Brewer with his stock turbo while running higher boost levels.

Dont get me wrong. I love seeing fast little combos, but it has been done before.

I wish you the best of luck on your goals!

Bo

Back