My Hybrid Project (pics)

91Bird305

Its coming along pretty well. My buddy thats the master of this swap took some pics for me a few weeks ago and I figured I would post them up.
Specs about the setup and other pictures at my website in my sig. I have some measurement pictures too if anyone doing the swap needs some info. Thanks :)

Attachments

• pics 033.jpg
    pics 033.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 403
  • pics 041.jpg
    pics 041.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 338
  • pics 048.jpg
    pics 048.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 322
  • pics 049.jpg
    pics 049.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 324
  • pics 052.jpg
    pics 052.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 345
I am using TT/A Poly Motor Mounts from johnsperformance.com, I think they are H&R Parts.

The turbo is a Limited Engineering Te45a.

Looks to be RWD heads! I've heard that they fit with the A/C however it's the DP that is the major p.i.t.a.

Could always do this... ;)

Attachments

• resized.jpg
    resized.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 429
Engine Management:
I am using nothing special
Greddy ProFec B Spec II Boost Controller
ScanMaster II
Extender Extreme chip by Fullthrottlespeed.com

I am using the stock 87 GN heads. I had to use an 87 GN a/c compressor and run a custom downpipe and flange in order for it to work. I will get pictures of that asap for you guys. The buick heads have been ported/polished.

Im following this one closely. Im starting to see that my TType may be in unrepairable condition as it relates to the body. Im thinking a FBody TTA clone is the way to go. The The TType is strong and would run well in a slippery body.

Hopefully it will be on the street and running by next weekend. The pipes come back from the coaters on Friday, than I just have to setup my fuel lines, fuel pump and tuning and fixing any bugs.

why clone? I have a nice TTA roller that nobody is interested in ;)

Haven't decided on whether to go to ebay with it or rebuild it......

I said clone because a 89 TA in good shape can be had cheap. And Cheap is the name of the game with a Stage 2 car, a 2 year old boy and another on the way :eek: :biggrin:

BTW what do you want for this nice roller ?? ;)

congrats on the new one! Mine is 6 months old and finding time for the car has become a real search!

Godd luck!

trading t/a said:
congrats on the new one! Mine is 6 months old and finding time for the car has become a real search!

Godd luck!
Did that spohn torque arm do anything for you? I have been thinking about getting one but than I had someone tell me that the stock one is just fine.

Spohn tq arms are the ****!!
removes all the stress off the trans tail shaft
moves the instantaneous center back (leverage point at which the tq arm pivots) which is a major plus for traction
i was going too put one on my 4th gen but they dont work with duals and dumps
i will be putting one on the car after the LC2 swap since i'll be going back too a single 3" catback
Spohn makes some kickass parts for f-body's. i have a nice adjustable panhard bar from and adjustments are cake with it on the car.

putting that LC2 into the 3rd gen, do the motor mounts for the TTA work without issue with the stock k-member?

simple said:
Spohn tq arms are the ****!!
removes all the stress off the trans tail shaft
moves the instantaneous center back (leverage point at which the tq arm pivots) which is a major plus for traction
i was going too put one on my 4th gen but they dont work with duals and dumps
i will be putting one on the car after the LC2 swap since i'll be going back too a single 3" catback
Spohn makes some kickass parts for f-body's. i have a nice adjustable panhard bar from and adjustments are cake with it on the car.

putting that LC2 into the 3rd gen, do the motor mounts for the TTA work without issue with the stock k-member?
Ok so you don't have one are your car than right?

nope, i have a global west traclink on mine now. i had the spohn ready too put in but had too sell it since it wouldnt clear the exhaust

i will be going back too the spohn tq arm after i get the motor and trans in
they are on a few 8sec 4th gen f-bodys.