You can type here any text you want

My new intake setup

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blackgn1

Set on TSM Boost
Here's the first picture for my new intake setup. Not alot to look at but it a start.:biggrin: I have one off parts from Tom at Champion Racing. Here's the coil bracket with the new 1 1/4" spacers welded up.;)

Attachments

• coilbracket.jpg
    coilbracket.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 943
Here's a look mounted on a extra intake I had available. Installed on the car you would have to be looking to notice it has been moved higher.

Attachments

• coilpackshimmed.jpg
    coilpackshimmed.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 865
The purpose? I have to have room under the coil/modular bracket for "STUFF":biggrin: As I go futher along the fuel system part will be the most interesting and helpful for you guys.

Champion 1" spacer Tom at Champion machined for me. Doesn't have the grooved back and instead has been drilled and tapped for vacuum lines.

Attachments

• throttlespacer.jpg
    throttlespacer.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 848
Here's a look mounted on a extra intake I had available. Installed on the car you would have to be looking to notice it has been moved higher.

How does the fit in the car?

Tried that on a local GN and had interference with the wiper linkage with the plug wires installed. :confused:

I started fitting tonight. Everything looks good as far as clearance. I will post some pics tomorrow. Fuel lines for the Champion rails is next on the list. Going with "BIG" parts. Fuel system issues will soon be a thing of the past. I have been fortunate with never having lean conditions but it is always a possiblity. I feel there is nothing more important than getting fuel to the engine. External fuel pump and external regulator are on the list.

It's been a slow process.:biggrin: We are working on the fuel tank sump design now. My fab guy wants to do his own design and not use the pre made sump. Says it will be killer and look better. I will see his ideas this coming week. I am ok with the pre made and will have to be impressed before I am sold on that idea. Putting a 8-9 second fuel system on a 10 second car is overkill. It's just insurance. Heck it's just any other upgrade like wanting a bigger turbo.

I am building a Stage II on center w TA heads and Champion intake. And as Nick stated the coil pack interferes with the wiper arms. I made a new coil pack mounting plate out of .125" aluminum and moved the pack forward .90". I also added a separate 12 GA. Ground wire to the mix.
I too am curious about your new stuff also. I love to see innovation.

Attachments

• IMG_20110528_174754.jpg
    IMG_20110528_174754.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 723
Here's the coil pack on the car. Nick and Turbofabricator are correct. It's close. I happen to have a set of wires here and will see how clearance works out. I am welding a ground stud to the coil pack bracket. Why not. There's a good cheap upgrade!! Little things. Neat ideas and simple.

I have been watching that also.:biggrin: I was lucky and even with the coil pack up higher the plug wires are going to be fine.

The stock intake should have enough clearance. Its when you use the Champion intake that you can't use the stock coil pack bracket, as the manifold Plenum is longer and moves the coil pack back causing interference with the wiper transmission. You are just moving it up for your Plenum tricks. I had to do the same with my boxed Plenum on my twin turbo set up. I also added a. 75" spacer to bring the box over the fuel rails, and to add 6 alcohol nozzles. Search my posts for pictures of my spacer which is similar to your spacer. I made the opening narrowed and gun drilled it for a passage to use as a fuel passage for the methanol injectors.

Yes sir. I had to raise it because of the vacuum lines coming out the back of the spacer. It will give me plenty of room for the fuel lines also. I usually don't have the extra room when doing anything on this car. For once I have plenty.:biggrin: Turbofabicator I have read your intake posts. I must say it was a work of art. I am looking to make a regulator bracket next and getting the fuel lines mocked up for it.

While I'm still waiting on parts I started some of the chrome powder coating. I do my own coating so cost is nothing but time. Here's the cable bracket. So close to the polished upper plenum you can hardly tell them apart.

Attachments

• chromebracket.jpg
    chromebracket.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 588
While I'm still waiting on parts I started some of the chrome powder coating. I do my own coating so cost is nothing but time. Here's the cable bracket. So close to the polished upper plenum you can hardly tell them apart.

Looks sweet. What color is that?

The block off plate is new from Champion. It has a rubber O-ring seal. Very nice. The powder coat color is Eastwood Reflective Chrome. It is awesome.

Back