You can type here any text you want

My new pile

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

INEEDAGN

Seen Your Member
For the iowa guys since I can't post tech in the love fest thread. Supposedly 42k actual on the motor, been dormant a LONG time, gonna need torn partially down and gasketed at the least. If i'm lucky the short block will look good to go. Unless of course I got hosed on the deal. Body has no rot. Some surface rust on the frame, passenger door looked like it had some minor, and I mean very minor, pitting on the bottom before they sanded it down. Wrong header panel (pre 84), flat hood on it now, NOS hood and right 1/4 panel came with it. The quarter panel was bought before the car was rebodied. It was an 86 GN that was wrecked back in 88 or so from the story I got, and the motor has not ran much if any since. Someone was gonna fix the car and then decided to rebody it on this 84 regal. It's been dry storage, the guy I bought it from said it's looked like this since he got it 12 years ago and looked like it sat still for years when he got to it. Bunch of new exhaust parts, most of the GN parts are gone, IE no spoiler, seats, door panels and very little black trim. Got some gray hard interior plastic with it and most of the blue limited interior. GN dash installed and actually looks damn nice, just dusty. GN steering column is busted, steering wheel OK horn ring cracked just barely. Nice bumpers that are bare metal, 8.5 open rear end with aluminum drums, lots and lots of misc. crap I gotta wade through. Got the GN console but it's cracked. Transmission is wrong, or someone re-cased it but I bet it's just a lo-perf 200-4r. All I want is the motor and associated conversion parts, everything else will be for sale in some form or another when I get the motor yanked. I put a lot of money in this damn thing, better be some value here somewhere. One of you guys needs this rolling body.

Attachments

• 87 GN parts car 014.jpg
    87 GN parts car 014.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 343
  • 87 GN parts car 010.jpg
    87 GN parts car 010.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 333
  • 87 GN parts car 027.jpg
    87 GN parts car 027.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 334
  • 87 GN parts car 016.jpg
    87 GN parts car 016.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 337
  • 87 GN parts car 023.jpg
    87 GN parts car 023.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 334
more

Attachments

• 87 GN parts car 008.jpg
    87 GN parts car 008.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 320
  • 87 GN parts car 012.jpg
    87 GN parts car 012.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 321
  • 87 GN parts car 045.jpg
    87 GN parts car 045.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 317
  • 87 GN parts car 034.jpg
    87 GN parts car 034.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 319
  • 87 GN parts car 049.jpg
    87 GN parts car 049.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 309
Hood is mint, 1/4 has minor damage. Van pic is what I brought home today and the trunk of the car is still full of glass, carpet, wiring, etc.

Attachments

• 100_0730.jpg
    100_0730.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 329
  • 100_0733.jpg
    100_0733.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 313
  • 100_0739.jpg
    100_0739.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 313
  • 100_0743.jpg
    100_0743.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 312
Why couldnt' you have picked this up 4 years ago? how about that steering wheel?

I need to examine the wheel, I know it's not perfect but it ain't trash either. I already got a good one for my car.

4 years ago it wasn't for sale, lol, but it was in omaha the whole time. The car has an 86 GN vin number on it, fastened with the right rivets, but it's a salvage title.

Well i got a clean body for the next one you redo. lol Messed with the bumper fillers today. I actually think they are usable. They are flexible but were badly distorted from having stuff piled on them for years. A little slow heat from a heat gun and they sprang back out of it. Got some decent black front corner lights. Good chrome tail lights, gn seat belts, black carpet, dash top plate tht is oddly not warped or cracked at the speaker grills but has some spiderwebs at a couple bolt holes. Chrome 1/4 windows i think for a landau top car. Turbo dash cluster and all wiring is there, powermaster needs smashed so no one tries to use it, lol. Boxes of misc crap that came off it everywhere, havent dug through it yet. Lots of chrome trim and a box of probably pretty good weatherstrip. I think it has the correct wheel wells but not the turbo heater box. It came with some other nos stuff but another guy already spoke for it. Ever seen NOS ac lines that are factory black coated and the correct OE style ribbed hoses? Got em. Got an nos blackout 1/4 window and some emblems with it (window and a/c lines spoken for). You Iowa clowns get first pick. If it ain't related to the powertrain swap it is for sale.

THis is what I need-rear fillers, weatherstripping, bumper rub strips, steering wheel, hvac door cable, headliner clips, dome light lens and housing, trunk emblems....let me know what you got for wheel well trim too. Need that black thing that slides with the shifter. If I think of anything else I'll let you know. Give me prices on what you have so I can cancel orders if you have what I need.

THis is what I need-rear fillers, weatherstripping, bumper rub strips, steering wheel, hvac door cable, headliner clips, dome light lens and housing, trunk emblems....let me know what you got for wheel well trim too. Need that black thing that slides with the shifter. If I think of anything else I'll let you know. Give me prices on what you have so I can cancel orders if you have what I need.

Rear fillers probably. Not perfect but can be used. Probably nicer than whats on my car but i'll be honest with you, I'm too f-in lazy to swap them.

weatherstripping again I have it but have not checked it over. hardtop stuff. car's been off the road forever if it makes you feel better.

Bumper rub strips these are kinda f-ed up. one was ok i think I remember thinking about tossing the other and not sure which

steering wheel if "good" is ok and not needing mint, I got it.

hvac door cable, hell i dunno. its probably there somewhere. you come find it.

headliner clips i found 2 in the console, not sure front, back or side. they are $3 each new stop being a tight ass.

Dome light. oh my god you will hate my face. i tossed it with the 2 headliner boards, tried to pull it out, it got hung up, i said screw it and in the dumpster it went. then I laughed to myself and thought "wouldn't it be funny if I actually need that" true story. can't make that up. It might still be there. wait nope they come on tuesdays I think. I'll call dad in the am but don't count on it

no trunk emblems

got you covered on wheel trim if chrome is fine. actually got a couple spare black ones now. I got this. bulleevve dat.

prices? I'll beat anyone's prices. As long as it's a "cash" deal.....

Bob, How much for the front bumper with all of the bolts removed? Also, does it have a good ecm trim panel for the passenger foot well? A/C lines?

Bob, How much for the front bumper with all of the bolts removed? Also, does it have a good ecm trim panel for the passenger foot well? A/C lines?

So just the outer bumper? I dunno make reasonable offer, they are sandblasted and currently still in omaha with the car. They might be home this weekend if all goes well. Should have the kick panel in gray I assume and not the blue one, need to go see it first. A/C lines, there's a line a mile long LOL.

2tonewe4 I found all three parts to the 84 medium blue ecm holder but therees an extra screw hole through it, the GN gray one I found the 2 outer parts that hold the ECM but the inner part attached to the body is still MIA, probably still in the car. I did find the metal parts to the bumperettes but no rubbers and the black trim rings around the marker lights in the bumper if you need any of that its all sandblasted.

Jesse the bumper fillers are heat gunned back into shape and I think you'll like them. I grabbed the steering wheel tonight, it does have some flaws in the leather around the outside, pretty decent though. The rear rub strip has a couple nicked ares in it, the front has a lot of nicked areas in it. Found the lower door weatherstrips, and forgot about the headliner clips. Come to omaha sunday and get your own HVAC cable from under the dash and look the rest of this stuff over and take what works for you. Condition is subjective on a lot of this crap and hard to describe. I found a good dome light lens for you tonight so that leaves hope that the second housing is here somewhere or in the car. The guy is actually north of town a bit off 75 highway. You can have some of this minor crap if it works for you, I'll dig some more before I head out sunday. Could have swore I saw the upper weatherstripping but I cant find it now maybe in the car. There's a box in the trunk I havent looked through yet because the dead mouse in the mousetrap kinda turned me away from it for now, LOL.

2tonewe4 I found all three parts to the 84 medium blue ecm holder but therees an extra screw hole through it, the GN gray one I found the 2 outer parts that hold the ECM but the inner part attached to the body is still MIA, probably still in the car. I did find the metal parts to the bumperettes but no rubbers and the black trim rings around the marker lights in the bumper if you need any of that its all sandblasted.

Bob, I am only needing the trim that the ECM sits in. Also, i am wanting the bumper so that I can smooth and fill it like Polzin.

Jesse the bumper fillers are heat gunned back into shape and I think you'll like them. I grabbed the steering wheel tonight, it does have some flaws in the leather around the outside, pretty decent though. The rear rub strip has a couple nicked ares in it, the front has a lot of nicked areas in it. Found the lower door weatherstrips, and forgot about the headliner clips. Come to omaha sunday and get your own HVAC cable from under the dash and look the rest of this stuff over and take what works for you. Condition is subjective on a lot of this crap and hard to describe. I found a good dome light lens for you tonight so that leaves hope that the second housing is here somewhere or in the car. The guy is actually north of town a bit off 75 highway. You can have some of this minor crap if it works for you, I'll dig some more before I head out sunday. Could have swore I saw the upper weatherstripping but I cant find it now maybe in the car. There's a box in the trunk I havent looked through yet because the dead mouse in the mousetrap kinda turned me away from it for now, LOL.

That mouse would be dinner for us here in sioux city-LOL! ;) As far as the weatherstrip goes, is it new? The front rub strip is what I really need so I guess I'll have to not be a cheap ass for once and buy a new one. I'll have to get a list going so I don't forget anything. Plan is still to meet you in omaha.

I have a super nice cluster bezel but it doesn't have the sticker for the right mirror control. Would you happen to have a nice one to trade that does? I also need an instrument cluster surround

Ummmm. no. weatherstripping is not new. Sorry for that misunderstanding. I don't know why I would have thought you wanted used, but you did not specify. Hope you didn't cancel an order over that deal. I have 2 black gauge surrounds. I have a gray and a blue dash surround, gray one is probably gonna have to stay with the dash pad. Want to purchase a complete dash assembly? :) Sunday is looking likely. It might be a pain for you to get there though. the I680 bridge is closed to I29. I'm staying in nebraska the whole journey thanks to flooding. Go through blair and head south on 75 will get you there. I'm bringing the rub strips with me so you can see them.

Got it home today WOOOT!

Sold some trinkets to some bum with Iowa plates at a gas station (did that dome light housing get lost on the way home Jesse?)

Pushed it on a hoist at work before taking it home. Took LOADS of pics of the undercarraige. No shortage of surface rust but there is no rot in this thing. Anywhere. Looked at that "AA" code tranny I talked about. Though "gee that bitch looks awfully clean". Pulled the pan and I'll be god damned if it isn't a fresh BRF trans that's been re-cased. Correct valve body, governor, servo, wiring, and black plug, etc. About sh!t myself. Torque converter is a Dacco reman so it will probably get scrapped, god knows what's in it, not gonna try it, got good D5's laying here. Tons of new parts on this car but they were installed by fukcing morons. Anything they touched has the wrong bolts, wrong THREADS in some cases, ghetto rigged the shifter cable in the bracket, wrong dipstick tube, bent to fit, took an hour to get the bolt out because they bent it over the bolt. NOT installed by mechanics, but so far I see nothing I can't undo. Hope they didn't touch the motor when they dropped it in.

Did I mention new parts? Exhaust crossover pipe and stock downpipe still have the GM part number stickers on them, new hoses everywhere, shifter cable looks new, new muffler but I think it's aftermarket. Either they replaced the driver's header or it's just that low of mileage. From what I saw with a mirror I have a never cracked never welded drivers side header. :eek: If it is, I'm gonna sell that sumbitch before it cracks and put a boogered one on there. This project would be a waste of that header. Maybe I'll sell ALL of the exhaust and put stainless on the GN, transfer the GN stuff over here. :) Can't tell if the radiator is new or if they just painted it. If budget allows it's getting a new one regardless. Aftermarket gren stripe injectors, but didn't bother to see which green stripes they are. They're probably junk anyways, and if they are 009's they were junk from the day they were engineered. Never looked at the chip, they probably had 009's on a stock chip. Stock fuel pressure reg.

So anyway, tranny is out, exhaust crossover, starter, ground wires on the heads, etc, all removed. 2 hours on the lift saved me lots of headaches on the ground later. Especially with that f*&$ing dipstick tube. Still pisses me off. Zipped the nuts off the motor mount bolts, PB blaster'd all the rear end bolts, etc. Should be a cake walk on the ground now. Might have enough motivation to get it out before winter. I need a 7.5 rear for a roller, decided to keep this rear unless someone flashes a big stack o' cash. Bet those low mile aluminum drums look real nice....

Only bummer is those "gn" bumpers are chrome ones that have been blasted. Looks real good though except a couple spots. Jesse says they have the 84 only "export" braces, I ain't smart enough to tell, only know that they are still too damn heavy.

Bob, let me know what condition the carpet and drivers dor panel are in. Also how much your looking to get for it.

Back