My stage 2 motor is Done

Originally posted by StageII86
Art, I will try to get my friend Nick to email you some. I'd go shoot some right now, but I'm at school in Lubbock and my car is 400mi. away in Dallas. I'm pretty sure my friend Nick has a bunch of pictures of my car saved on a cd somewhere. If not, I will be back home on the 13th or 14th and will take some. I've also been meaning to start a netsnapshot or yahoo photo site with my cars on it anyway.
Thanks, I'd appreciate it!

I am looking at my adapter right now.
The flang on the bottom is over an inch thick.
You could cut that down by more than a half inch
Would that give the space needed for a 4 inch inlet?

I think it could work if you took a lathe to it. Supprised I hadn't considered that yet! I need to go home and look at it, because its just a matter of clearing the front of the hood bulge (where it ends) I think. Taking it down 1/2" should solve any problems I have, I dont remember the clearanceing issue being any more than 1/2". It was like the hood would just barely crack if you tried to close it all the way on the 4" pipe we had coming out.

I also need a tang. exhaust housing (in .96) for making a 4" DP. Anyone know of a good source besides the obvious (PT&E)?

Well I had to cut the hood supports, but the damn thing closed! I still can't beleive it!

Your engine looks totally awsome !!! I dummied mine together and it's going to look good too! (Kinsler injection) But I neeed to put some guts in it. Could you give me the phone no of the guy who built your engine?? I am looking for a set of flat top pistons and he might have a set laying around.
thanks, popchevy@zoominternet.net

Thanks Pop...RPE in Hartford Ct. (bobby) built the motor...203-953-1342..good luck!

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
Thanks Pop...RPE in Hartford Ct. (bobby) built the motor...203-953-1342..good luck!
Bobby built mine too, great guy. I have it home now. I want to dry fit everything on the engine stand and take some pictures. Then it's back into the car for a fire up!

Originally posted by TurboDiverArt
Bobby built mine too, great guy. I have it home now. I want to dry fit everything on the engine stand and take some pictures. Then it's back into the car for a fire up!

Art get us some pictures up before you reinstall. ;)

Originally posted by njturbo
Art get us some pictures up before you reinstall. ;)
That's the whole idea. I had a problem with the alternator mount previously (ripped out the mount) so had to do some fabrication and welding to fix it. I need to mount it up and complete the adjuster hole and it'll be a whole lot easier when it's out of the car. I just need to find the time to bolt some stuff on and snap some pictures.

T/B

I machined down my accufab 90 mm and have no clearance problems with 4" piping. I welded up the vac ports machined it and re-taped them up higher. It all clears with the hood insulator in place..:cool:
I used a Holley carb base plate for my thickness gauge(went slightly thicker)