You can type here any text you want

My stock block 70mm turbo on E-85 only Vs 10.70 Nova

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

onefastgn

Subject:Watch "87 Buick vs 10.70 Nova" on YouTub,

Raced my friends 10.70 nova off a trans brake and lost....but my car is 100% stock with only bolt ons and stock intercooler with E-85. I was reeling him in but there just wasn't enough left to catch him. I was only at 23 lbs boost because I just had a new full exhaust installed. I wanted to turn the boost up and run again but I think he was scared and didn't want to.

Little more boost (25-27#) and he would have went home with his tail between his legs!!

Clint

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Nice , I bet his would be hard pressed to be driven like yours. Crank up the boost and be ready for next time he wants some. You'll have him covered.

Rich

OneFastGN.. This Gabby writing under TurboBuick86. What kind of program are using?

OneFastGN.. This Gabby writing under TurboBuick86. What kind of program are using?

Nothing but TT chip 60lb injectors on E-85 stock ecm, stock intercooler 400BOP trans, single shot exhaust, RJC 5 inch down pipe. 0 knock @ 23 lbs of boost on that pass. Hate to sell it kind of but i want a blower buick down the line.:eek:
And i tune from my scanmaster only.
-2.4 timing removed and - 1.6 on fuel at wot...yes that's minus 1.6

What's your inj.'s D/C @ 23 psi. also what's your timing table like too?

What's your inj.'s D/C @ 23 psi. also what's your timing table like too?

Don't know on the D/C and it's -2.4 timing thru all gears...all i know was i seen O knock and thats what i tune from. I've had it as high as 30 psi by accident and i seen .07 knock in third gear, i turned the boost controller knob the wrong direction..lol
but i will tell you what...that 70mm likes the boost for sure around the 30 mark, i just think it's a little much for the 60's to keep up with.

That seems super fast for 60lb injectors on E85. Most guys say dont get much more than high 11s out of 60s on E85.

That seems super fast for 60lb injectors on E85. Most guys say dont get much more than high 11s out of 60s on E85.
I agree, im thinking its a mid 11.50 car to be honest. The last time I seen the nova run a year ago it went 10.93. Since then he has done some changes and new trans with a break. He claims it runs 10.70's. The only true way would be to run it at the track to really see. I really don't care if it is or not to be honest, its still fun and seems fast as it is. May be the turbo as a little to do with it being as fast as it is.

What fuel pump did you say you have? The new 416 pump that Racetronix sells?

[quopreviouste="Sweet6, post: 3256542, member: 1910"]What fuel pump did you say you have? The new 416 pump that Racetronix sells?[/quote]
The previous owner said it was the 415,I wouldn't know for sure unlessI dropped the tank to check.

U may wanna get 120's then. I went 9's with 120's & stock lines on E85. & about your 70, i have 71 & the more boost i give it, it keeps making power. As you can see in one of the videos we posted up here on the forums.

U may wanna get 120's then. I went 9's with 120's & stock lines on E85. & about your 70, i have 71 & the more boost i give it, it keeps making power. As you can see in one of the videos we posted up here on the forums.

Thanks, if i was to keep the car I would change some stuff, but I'm selling it to fund a Buick blower car I want to build. Hell I might put twin turbos on it just for fun and run E-85.

23psi with a stock engine is mid 11's. Doesn't matter if you have a TE44 or a 70. It will take 27psi+ to go into the 10's unless the car is light.

9s on e85 Stock lines . does that include the return?

Thanks
Ronnie

Back